Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Just an update they have called up to 60 for Meath and 86 for Louth so far

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hello.there

For those of you who get to work from home, do you get to pick your days or is it set out by the manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

I have heard some places have an anchor day where everyone in their team will be in on a specific day, and the other day/s they can choose themselves. Personally, I can go in any two days of the week.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 1 confusion211

Hi everyone, apologies if this isn’t the correct place for this. I recently stated in a position that isn’t directly in a department but is under one of the departments, I also applied directly not through this campaign.

Would I be able to apply for mobility from this position? Or do I have to directly be in a department? Thanks in advance

Also as of June 1st  

“To date, we have called up to OOM 27 for Co. Kilkenny, OOM 16 for Co. Laois and OOM 37 for Co. Tipperary”

• Registered Users Posts: 26 megger

Anyone on Wexford Panel know what number they are up to on clearance and vetting? Got location preference form 1st June heard nothing since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Rosie_ob

Hi

Has anyone with an OOM below 1200 for Dublin, yet to be called to clearance? My niece is low 1000s and no correspondence since passing the interview.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JeDo

@Rosie_ob I’m under the 1020’s and was called for clearance this week. Maybe tell her to check junk/spam folder just in case if she’s a similar oom to me.

Can anyone advise on the timeline between clearance / e-vetting to being assigned / starting? From Dublin panel please.

Thanks so much, can I just check is it a direct email rather than a message on your publicjobs message facility?

@Rosie_ob Yes it will be a direct message from a member of the clearance team ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Hfelloni

So no text message or alert on public jobs.ie ? Normal email ?

Brilliant thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10 portiaorleans

For Dublin my OOM is between 1100 and 1200, I haven’t received any clearance email. Is this the same for others or should I be emailing to follow up?

Email from PAS this afternoon they have called 1075 to clearance as of today for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 poltort2

I got Department of Education too. I'm currently a TCO in DoE in Athlone and there's definitely WFH but it does depends on the section. I'm hoping to work from home a couple of days a week as I'll be commuting.

If your assignment email said DoE Dublin, then it's Marlborough Street which is right in the city centre. There's also DoE in Blanchardstown but they refer to it as such so it's probably Marlborough Street.

I love work I do in Athlone but I assume Dublin will be a lot different, I heard it is more policy based than Athlone. All I know I'll be applying for mobility on my first day there 😂

It depends, it took about 2 and a half weeks for me from when I was first contacted by the clearance officer to being assigned a Department. As far as im concerned its pretty fast but it could be because my Garda vetting only took about 5 days which is probably because i was vetted less than a year ago already.

That was nearly 2 weeks ago and I am yet to get a start date. I'm not in a rush though so it suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rcva

What are the chances of getting offered a permanent position if working as a TCO? Or are these positions just used to cover over staff shortages etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crinkley

Zero, you need to come off a permanent panel. But they are great for gaining experience for the interview

If you're a TCO for 4 years straight, they have to make you permanent but I've heard of TCOs having their contract broken after 3 years and 8 months so chances are slim indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

I'm waiting 3 weeks since been told my department for contact from HR? Any one else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

@megger I emailed them on the 9th June and they said they are currently calling candidates to interview as vacancies arise, and they have called up to OOM 109 for Waterford and 47 for Wexford. I'm on both panels. My OOM for Waterford is so close so hoping to get an interview soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hfelloni

I am slightly clueless passed interview was told via email 6th May and nothing as yet I am in the 1200 batch 6. I am in a slight panic as going on holiday soon to the US and would hate to miss email as I will have phone with me and email access but what am I expecting at clearance level ?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭peanutk

@WHIreland i waited 2 months. I had to contact them myself in the end. Did you get a contact name when you were assigned your department? If so just send them an email they will advise you😊

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

Hey thanks!

No I just received an email from the General Assignments department at my department. I will give it to the end of this week and il email then, cause I'm kind of under pressure in my new job to leave before I come back from mat leave! 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

You will never be offered permanent from a temporary contract. The only way to get that is if you have 4 years unbroken service. However, like the previous poster said, service is always broken by the 3rd year if you're lucky enough to get somewhere that keeps extending/renewing your contract.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

@poltort2 Thanks, hoping mine goes through quick enough as I was vetted at the beginning of 2021. Hoping a start date follows soon after as I am miserable where I work at the moment. Best of luck for when you do start.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cat1212

Any update on the kerry panel please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

What are peoples views of Social Welfare has it got a reputation. How likely are you to get mobility after 3 years realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 coolnahaha

Hi, any update on the Clare panel??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hi !

Thinking of applying for a position when next available .Im currently a stay at home mam. Any advice regarding what qualifications etc I might need.

Thanks

Advertisement