Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Is CO paid monthly or fortnightly? Would anyone know.

got called from Hr in DOE today and have given a provisional start date (need to organise childcare), either they really on the ball or desperate for clerical staff 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crinkley

Paid weekly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PrettyVisitor58

What is the likelihood that 1850 is reached in Dublin for an interview, PAS are at 1543 at the moment and the competition runs until 31st January. How many interviews do they roughly go through a week does anyone know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Dsp are very supportive of staff. Plenty of training opportunities, internal promotion without exams, wfh options. Work is challenging, but it all depends where you end up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 vanderpump

Hi all, do we send all the requested clearance documents by return email to the person who sent the request or is there a central address? My bits are supposed to be back by the 20/06/22. I sent them off and got an out of office reply. I'm just worried that something might go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

I thought they give you a link to upload your documents to, I don't think you email them back. That's what I did with TCO Documents last year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10 portiaorleans

When I did my TCO clearance earlier in the year I sent my documents directly to the person who emailed me, no link for uploading documents was given

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

The same thing happened with me with the out of office reply, and they weren't returning until after the deadline date, so I emailed the CO mailbox to ask for confirmation of receipt.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement

Thanks. I sent everything off to the clearance email and now have confirmation that's they have been received. You are so helpful on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

Is it rude if I emailed the department who emailed me my assignment saying they will contact me in coming weeks, for an update? I'm just a bit under pressure to get started

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

Hi all. I'm under consideration for a position with an Garda Siochana in Dublin. Has anyone any experience in this department? Is it 9-5, mon-fri. I assume they will give me more of a job description when I get pass the clearance / Garda vetting stage..?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Frostie24

I emailed the person who sent the email, but also the general clearance email , as it could get delayed if someone on holidays. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Frostie24

Anyone know what percentage of gross pay is deducted for pension and is PRD done away with now.

Also can you get incremental credit applied from TCO contracts.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Hi, I had a TCO contract in a Garda station and the hours were civil service flexitime Mon to Fri, you can start anytime up to 10am and leave after 4pm (once you work up the 37.5 hours). I had no option for WFH, one or two of the staff did WFH a couple of times a week though, I think it depends on the area / work you are doing. I found it a great spot to work, everyone treats you as an equal. The work was interesting and there wasn't much pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

Where are the most likely places of employment in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jono76

I just looking for some advice and see if anyone else had similar issues with regard References I am currently in a TCO position and have been in this for the last 16 Months and my HEO has provided a reference for me, I also provided a Reference from my old Supervisor which PAS are saying this is out of date as the date on this reference is 2021...

I had also submitted a Character Reference I had from a Guard but PAS are telling me this not acceptable and telling me they do not accept references from Members of the Gardai but they accepted this without issue when I applied for the TCO competition.

From the email I received from Clearance time that clearly state "Gaps in Employment

If you have not been in employment for any length of time during the past 12 months, please provide a statement from the Department of Social Protection or the Office of the Revenue Commissioners to confirm evidence of no employment. In this case, please also provide details of a referee who would be willing to supply a character reference."

I have no gaps in my employment in last 12 months so don't know why PAS are now looking for a Character Reference and why the Character reference I supplied is not good. As PAS are telling me that the "character referee must be someone well acquainted and of some standing in the candidate’s community e.g. School/ University/Volunteer Group/Sports Club. "

Anyone any advice or have similar issues with regard to References.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

@WednesdayGirl Hi. Thanks for that. Was that recent as I heard most of civil service have stopped the Flexi time. Where you in Dublin? Where were you based? What kind of work did you do? Sorry for all the questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

Flexi time has only stopped if you are WFH, I didn't hear anything other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

Does anyone know if the competition includes the Citizens advice service?

Makes no sense at all. Are you sure they might have mixed you up with someone else? I think you need to talk to your HEO about this

And my references are going to be from 2021 as well..they are TCO references so this does not bode well for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 12 steveng411

Flexi has not stopped unless you are working from home. From 1st July working hours will be reduced from 7hr 24 minutes to 6 hrs 57. They are also looking to bring in blended flexi by the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Inmate2020

It would depend if you are in HQ or an Intreo and then if you are front or back office .DSP is a tough gig . Currently huge staff shortages due to covid retirements and positions not being filled quickly . As mobility is back in full flow , a lot of long term DSP staff are seeking a new challenge . Covid and now Ukrainian crisis mean staff have been under pressure for over 2 years and now with no staff . Personally I’m burnt out but I do see huge moral rewards , when you get people resolved and back in payment and food back on the table it makes it all worthwhile . There are plenty of myths about DSP out there . Personally I see it as a challenge if you like that kind of environment 💕

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Demmis

Any update anyone where we are in co Dublin regarding clearance? The last time I checked was around OOM 1070

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tinman53

Anyone a rough idea how long before you are told your new department. My Garda Vetting and Reference request was sent back two weeks ago but have heard nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Tinman53

@Caoimhe2 not sure where they are now but if you email Public jobs they will tell you. I was 35 and interviewed in April.

Advertisement