Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

Cngradulations. I worked in DSP cork loved it and really miss it. you landed on your feet there!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hfelloni

Ah really! Thanks I’m delighted to be honest!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

What number have they called in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BoatGirlDolly

I have my start date and dept. I know nothing about what the dept does. What is the expectation of me entering a dept with no knowledge? Should I cram as much in now before I start or should I just go in and soak in as much info is necessary during training? I'm a bit panicked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

The training part will be enough no need to panic it’s the CS after all I’ve seen new staff not being able to use a computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Emmah82

Hi i have been assigned to The National Shared Services Office (NSSO) in Dublin part of the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform (DPER). Has anyone worked within this department. I don't know anyone working within this department so am unsure what to expect. Very nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciara_mar

Had my interview on Friday and just got word that I passed.

Congrats!!!! I’ve no idea pet ! You get start date & all ?! Don’t be nervous

Phewwwww

At least I can turn on a PC ! Feeling relieved already

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darthinvader

Anyone any idea on numbers or assignments in Kilkenny

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sunnyside21

Congratulations you must be delighted! So if you pass are you given your order of merit number then?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

Just got expression of interest for an interview in Galway. I'm in high 170's but they were only at 105 2 weeks ago, do they send these out a good bit before they reach our oom or would they be moving on fairly quickly through oom?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

Wondering if someone can help answer this for me please. I was due to start as CO in revenue in May just gone, but at the last minute, it was deferred and I now have a new starting date in early September. In the meantime, I started another job which is better paid, but quite stressful but also enjoyable. I know everyone's overall deductions will be different depending on tax credits etc but are pension deductions and Union fees the same for everyone? Just trying to guage if I will be able to justify leaving a better paid job (but which is only a 2 year contract, for permanency but significantly less take home pay). Could someone tell me how much is taken for the above 2 deductions please and thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Look you will likely be in the CS until you retire so just consider that, but do try to help yourself some bit, main thing keep you’re head down for first year probation and after that your almost billet proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Emmah82

Hi @Hfelloni ,

No start date or location yet just the Department im assigned too.

I've been trying to read up on what the Department do so I have some clue where ill be working 🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 28 darapixie

My interview was in late June and my OOM is 25. I hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AntH971

Anyone having issues hearing back from a representative from clearance? Emailed the general clearance email address for help, as the woman I was in contact with for Dublin hasn’t been in touch in 2 weeks. Garda vetting cleared there last Friday, but worried because my boss said he never received an email with the reference form they need filled in and that it will slow everything down in being placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

Congratulations @ciara_mar thats great News what county did you interview for? I had my interview on Thursday for Cork but I haven’t heard anything yet so I’m not to hopeful that I passed😥.

@citygirl22 how did you find the interview? I’ve got mine on Thursday. What sort of questions did they ask you was it all mainly competency based and did they ask for a second example? Did they let you speak much or did they interrupt you a lot?

• Advertisement

Hi @sunnyside21 , they were very nice , they broke the interview into parts firstly they talked about the info on your application and passed education &work history then they moved onto the competency’s . They explained that they would be interrupting and not to take offence. One ans seemed sufficient I didn’t get a chance to say other stuff. I felt the start of the interview went well and the first two competency’s but the 2nd part I really struggled with.I didn’t prepare enough for those areas and they could tell. I was kicking myself for that. Some questions I just couldn’t ans and they tried there best to help by expanding the question and giving slight hints but I just drew a blank I was so embarrassed over that.

I tried my best otherwise and hopefully I came across ok and confident. I was extremely nervous , I haven’t interviewed for over 20 years. So I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️Fingers crossed it will be good news , Best of luck with yours once you prepare you will be fine fine. 😊

@citygirl22 aw fingers crossed you got on ok. It’s always hard to judge how you were perceived. Good luck I hope you pass

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciara_mar

thank you. I interviewed for Kildare

Same boat Emma !!!! Know where I’m going just don’t know when !!! I’ll pm you if I hear xxx

Of course yea, I'll prepare myself for my own confidence and piece of mind for going in but I literally have zero familiarity with the service this dep offers

@sunnyside21 thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

I passed the interview, my employer has sent back my reference and my garda vetting has been completed and viewed, what kind of timeline would I be looking at for an offer of placement?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

I’m in the 120’s for KK and got expression of interest for interview Tuesday.

@Dslatt congratulations , how long after the interview did they let u know u passed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 drippininheat

When people pass the interview are they getting a new OOM then or is it just a case you passed and wait it out then to see if you get offered a position? I've just selected Donegal and have my interview next week

Advertisement