Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NigelB770

There was a Dublin only and a Temporary Clerical Officer campaign a few weeks ago. There hasn't been a 2023 nationwide campaign advertised yet. It's getting late in the year now. Hopefully they might extend the current nationwide panel beyond the end of Jan 31st. Its happened before I've been told by a friend in the civil service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭nhg

P45 gone since 2018 too - they weren’t replace with another document like the P60 & P21

PAYE Modernisation did away with all of those

It’s crazy that some financial institutions, councils, HSE etc still have these documents listed in there list of requirements for grants, loans etc & when someone submits the new replacement document, they often still come back looking for the obsolete document….

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sinradler

The new one is only for Dublin though - shouldn't affect people getting placed in other regions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is there going to be a nationwide one? Seems strange to open a Dublin only one and then a nationwide one which you would presume includes Dublin. Was there a Dublin only one the past few years?

Maybe there is a lot of positions open so...

Know a few people around the country from the 2022 CO still waiting to be placed

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

There have been Dublin only campaigns before. I guess with the volume of government buildings in Dublin they are bound to need many more COs than the rest of the country.

My hunch is that the CO 2022 nationwide campaign will be extended, as both the TCO and Dublin CO campaign are ongoing and in the very early stages.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

I emailed the forms etc on the 1st Nov and got the link an hour later. Then on the 10th I got to the ‘In Progress’ stage. Dunno how long I’ll be in that stage but I think it’s 5 days and I should get the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 onol

Submitted vetting 28th October completed yesterday so around 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Captaingoal

Hi all. I've applied for the Dublin CO competition while waiting to be called for interview in the 2022 EO competition. I received a message on publicjobs.ie to complete the Stage 1 – Online Assessment Questionnaire. Does anyone know if there will be an aptitude test as part of this or after (verbal reasoning, situational judgement and numerical checking) similar to the EO competition or is it just the questions they said in the email? Thanks

Unless they change it up again then you won't have to do a e-tray for this campaign. The only e-tray I did was for EO.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Thanks furrybones for replying. What I meant is will there be any other online assessment under than what they said in the familiarisation document? I've seen in previous campaigns that they've done an initial assessment questionnaire and then aptitude tests in stage 1?

"Part 1 The first part is broken down into two sections: 1. Section 1A contains a series of statements and you are asked to indicate how well each of the statements describes you. 2. Section 1B contains a series of statements about what you would like your job to be like. Note: The judgement you are asked to make about the statements will be different in each Section, so please make sure you read the instructions at the start of each Section. Part 2 You are given a series of scenarios, similar to that which may be encountered in the role. After each scenario you are given a number of options as to how a Clerical Officer might deal with the scenario. You will be asked to rate each of the options in terms of their appropriateness. Part 3 You are asked a number of questions relating to your experience and skills"

• Advertisement

I just checked my messages there. In the previous campaign stage 1 was the online assessment and stage 2 was interview. So there were no other assessments other than the stage 1a and b.

Thanks for checking. So there could be Stage 1a and b again?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

@NigelB770 Thanks. I sent the forms and the documents on the 3/11. There was an issue with the name I put down on the forms as it wasn't my official birth name. I resent the forms with the correct name and they acknowledged that they received them. Still haven't heard anything yet. Kind of worried but I emailed them so hopefully I know what's up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ngall21

Does anyone know how long Garda vetting is taking at the minute?

I submitted everything since the 21st of October and it changed to 'In Progress (NVB) on November 3rd and hasn't changed since. Once it changes to in progress it's meant to only take 5 working days. Anyone have any experience with this recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

It's just Assessment for CO. Then the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I've heard of one or two people recently assigned to GV so presumable there is a backlog. I also heard of at least 1 person still waiting for clearance, this was a good few weeks ago. Current job (Feb) it took between 3-4 weeks, the typical turn around I think is usually about 2 weeks. With the amount of people being assigned and recent new assignments to GV it may take a bit longer, if I had to guess 5 weeks but it will likely get quicker with newly assigned in GV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 onol

What happens after Garda vetting is back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭raheny red

I put my vetting in 29/08/2022 and it was completed on 13/09/2022.

Would anyone have any additional info on this role please? It's 100% a site based role. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

Anyone know what the structured training for revenue entails? How long does it last etc? Eventually wfh option for few days a week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Mariekk123

Just got vetting back ... Has anyone heard back in Kilkenny? I'm around 160?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭shmeee

The majority of training is virtual / online. AFAIK class based training has stopped.

This training may last a number of months (could be a 6 month schedule) but you may be WFH during this period doing the training yourself at home via virtual classes. It will be all scheduled and each day you will have a task; self-learning / virtual class / mentoring / shadowing etc.

Training will vary around the different divisions; business, personal etc. so hard to give an exact answer but hope that helps.

I know staff who started about a month back are scheduled for the above training until April next year.

And in relation to WFH, you can apply for this and many are doing 1 day per week in the office, again this depends on the division you're assigned to.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

I’m 110 haven’t heard anything yet. Haven’t gotten vetting results yet either

It's just the assessment and then interview for CO.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 darapixie

Morning!

Back at the end of July I received my placement and Garda Vetting was completed mid August. As my placement is in the Dept of Justice I have to also go through special clearance which started the day I got my Garda Clearance. I was told it would take 2-3 months and this time scale past last week, I emailed PAS and they just advised that had not heard anything back.

Long story cut short has anyone else been through special clearance and did it take much longer than 3 months? My Garda Clearance was completed in 9 calendar days!

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide!

Has anyone in Dublin heard anything about the recent Clerical Officer campaigns? Permanent or temporary? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

It all depends on how many places you’ve lived in and if you’ve lived abroad. The last time I was vetted for Dept of Justice it was under two weeks when it came back, but I have been vetted numerous times too, so that maybe a factor

• Registered Users Posts: 28 darapixie

Thanks for getting back to me. The vetting part took only 9 days, have been vetted a couple of times before for volunteering in different organisations but this is special clearance which they said would take 2 to 3 months but it's run over the 3 months.

• Advertisement

It’s very strange, they might be just snowed under with the vetting

Advertisement