Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

Congrats Jobseeker. Delighted you got an offer. Best of luck in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mariekk123

Got offered job in revenue, but does anyone know if you get supplied work laptops as it seems to be remote from hearing other people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

Congrats 🎉. They supply everything you need for work. Best of luck in your new position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭shmeee

Congrats.

As mentioned above, everything is supplied.

You may get a desktop even with 2 screens - depending on the section you're in. But everything is provided; desk and chair etc can be asked for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Adventurerguy

I have been asked by PAS to provide a reference for a TCO contract I did back in 2008. Does anyone know how I can go about getting a reference is there a centralised HR department that I can it from? Any help advice appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

How far back do they want references?

I don’t know that but they ask for references from any CO jobs you worked at in the civil service in the past they don’t mention how far back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Once evetting requested thats tantamount to getting a job offer once its completed isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Charliesha92

even if your evetting comes back clear and accepted you still won’t be offered the job until your references are cleared by PAS. I sent my evetting back in yesterday myself so waiting on the reply to say it’s cleared and they will then be asking permission to contact HR.

As I am serving as a civil servant at the moment they said they will contact the HR for me but otherwise they will ask you for the contact details for your reference and ask permission to go ahead.

Hopefully we will get our Departments and placement dates for about 4weeks after the reference has been cleared by PAS. Hopefully mid to end February for batch 1 candidates.

• Advertisement

So does that mean that when you pass the garda clearance and submit all your clearance docs as requested by PAS that it could still be another month before you get an offer? I understood they wouldn’t bring you through the clearance stage unless they your stage on the panel was reached and they had a role for you? Is that correct or incorrect?

No point arranging a role before finding out if someone has a dodgy past.

Yeah basically you aren’t guaranteed your position until garda vetting comes back and then after that they will contact reference and that has to come back clear also. Then they will assign you to a department and you will receive your “ congratulations you on your new job “ email. Like the message above says they can’t offer you the job incase you are dodgy or your reference says you aren’t reliable and always late.

It could take up to a month after cleared reference to be giving your starting date with whatever department it is

Thanks for the response so you will find out your department/section once the reference check is passed and then a while after finding out your department you will get your starting date is that correct?

So they can decline you if your references don't come back glowing? You tell your current employer you want to leave and possibly not get the job? Doesn't sound right.

Just to give a timeline of how it went for me after my interview last April.

I waited from May till June to be contacted for garda vetting, that took 1 week to come back. So then next the references was end of June.

I was cleared by PAS and ready for my position by July. I was then told you are going to Revenue. I was passed over to the assignments section in Dublin castle and they dealt with setting me up. You have a lot of documents , secret acts , legislations and other important information on being a civil servant to read, sign and return. By mid July I knew I was Revenue still but no idea of my location or Division. 3 weeks before I found out that information and they actually asked me when could I start. I gave my notice to my old job and said 3 weeks. I started Monday August 8th.

The Friday before I knew nothing about who I was to report to or what was happening on the Monday. I was only asked to sign my contract on that Friday before the 8th too. For a competition that took 10 months to get to that point the last 3 weeks before starting was all a bit mad and very rushed for me.

I’m pretty sure it’s illegal or atleast they aren’t allowed give bad references anyways.

My old employer was being difficult as they had no replacement manager for me leaving so they held off doing my reference for 2 weeks making my process slightly longer. That really annoyed me as PAS had emailed twice reminding me to ask my employer to return the reference form.

Cheers for the detailed response it’s very much appreciated. Now I kind of have an idea in my head of when I can expect to start my CO assignment. Thanks

Thanks for that - my current TCO was extended by 6 months to July so no rush if its gonna take months to get a start date

That’s great congrats. So after 1 one year TCO contract you got another 6 months thats great for a TCO contract. I am wondering are there many of the year long TCO contracts been given out this year?

• Advertisement

Just got this - do I respond directly to the email

You have been provisionally allocated to a position in Dublin.

Clearance checks are carried out to satisfy the Public Appointments Service that the candidate fulfils all necessary requirements. Prior to assigning any candidate for appointment to the position, the PAS will make all such enquires necessary to determine the suitability of that candidate.

You are now required to complete the following steps no later than 12 Noon, Monday 16th January 2023:

1. Confirm that you are willing to be considered for a position for Clerical Officer 2022
    2. Confirm that you have received and completed your Garda Vetting link from the National Vetting Bureau. Your clearance will be delayed if you have not completed this step.
    3. As you are a current serving Civil Servant, PAS will now request reference(s) directly from Central HR of your Organisation.
    4. For gaps in employment in the past 12 months: If you have not been in employment for any length of time during the past 12 months, please provide a statement from the Department of Social Protection or the Office of the Revenue Commissioners to confirm evidence of no employment. 

Thats what I done anyway and didnt get a bounce back or anything, though the date I was given was Friday not Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,257 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's why they perform vetting and check references before issuing a job offer.

You'd be mad to say anything to your employer until you have a job offer (but this is true of anyone looking for a new job) - them contacting your employer for a reference does not mean you have agreed to leave or will get an offer at all.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

Hi, I was appointed to Revenue Kilkenny with a start date of next Thursday, I am just wondering if anyone else here has been appointed there too, and if so have they been told a start time, or any details such as is it remote or in the office? Feel free to PM me. Thank you

Im still on probation in my current job, if the Civil service come looking for a reference I'm out on my arse because my employer will see it as not being interested in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ann2018

Hi. I did my interview this morning. Can anyone tell me how long I will have to wait to know if I passed the interview?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ann2018

Thank you. That is quick

• Advertisement

Don’t mention anything until PAS ask to have contact details for your employer and permission to contact them. Then give your employer the heads up . Once the reference is done you will be gone from there and in your position in the next 4weeks or so.

I am on probation in the Civil service at the moment. I am currently talking myself up to go have a meeting with my team manager about this today. I need to give her a heads up before HR contact for a reference. Terrible that we are all afraid to try move on and better our lives.

Advertisement