Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB Trouser Alternative

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I have a pair of Craghoppers and they're great and all BUT ... the issue with walking trousers is not so much the groin/seat area as the ankles .... you'll have boot-cut, loose fitting trouser ends flapping around your cranks & front chain-ring absolutely begging to be snagged & ripped half-way up the calf in short-order. It's quite noticeable even if you're just pedalling about outside your front door never mind doing anything more demanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭covey123

Agree with this.If you are looking for trousers just for biking, I'd recommend bike specific trousers for the same reason,the ankle cuff will be narrower to avoid snagging.Also the cut around the knee should be roomier to take pedaling into consideration and also even allow room for knee pads.

Of you don't find anything bike specific,Karrimor brand may also be worth looking at,but probably wouldn't be much difference price wise really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

@covey123 wrote:

"Also the cut around the knee should be roomier to take pedaling into consideration and also even allow room for knee pads."

Definitely a point to remember. I have a pair of Endura MT500 trousers, and they are both tapered at the ankle (courtesy of zips) and with enough room in the knees that I can wear POC VPD 2.0 kneepads (so, not exactly on the slim side of kneepads ... ) underneath without a bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youllbemine

Thanks for your replies, I have been convinced by you to buy an MTB specific pair of trousers. Anyone any opinions on cons / pros of the two below?

I have Endura shorts with clickfast liner which may be of benefit. But also have a few nukeproof jerseys...and the NP kit is probably better looking.

Negligible price difference.

I know that they're not waterproof and am ok with that. I tend to avoid bad weather riding and all my other waterproof kit makes me sweat like crazy so can't see the benefit of paying ~€40 more for waterproof alternatives.

Endura option looks more durable.

Endura Hummvee Trouser II

€63.49

Nukeproof Blackline Trail Pants

€65.24 (with 10% discount)

• Advertisement
Advertisement