Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the Lotto too hard to win ?

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

seems like you have a better chance of winning a substantial amount with euromillions when you include the plus draw

43 people won €2000 last night and 75 last friday night

https://www.lottery.ie/draw-games/results/view?game=euromillions&draws=4

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Good old Matt Cooper giving some guy from the Lotto a hard time, I think Matt was annoyed by all this as well 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I was in the Spar at Grand Canal Dock last Sat, they had a sign up, max amount 200€ , I asked the guy and he said people were coming wanting to buy crazy amounts, he mentioned thousands but that could be hyperbole but still

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think once a year they should repeat this, have it €20 million and a must win draw, they can syphon off money from every draw to build it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ethical

Good luck to whoever won it.Personally I hope it was a syndicate as this would be best for the economy.

Strange though that after something like 60 rollovers there was one winning combination......................do you smell something! Would it not have been better if there were 19 or 38 or indeed 50 winners,it would have taken the heat off Lottery HQ.All this has done ,in my opinion,is set the LOTTO up for a slow death.The amount of people that did it last Saturday and said that they would not touch it again is quite considerable.The only winners were the Toronto Teachers Pension Fund.Infact there were so many tickets sold from Thursday to Saturday last week that the big payout was paid for numerous times over....and by the ways the winninng ticket was a quick pick bought on the Saturday!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It doesn't matter whether it runs for months with no jackpot winner, or the jackpot is won 10 draws in a row. The percentage from each Euro of sales given to prizes, profits, good causes, running costs and the reserve fund still remains the same in any accounting period. Those percentages are set down in law.

Nobody has any way of knowing the "amount of people" who would not touch it again. Unless they believe the conspiracy theories, nobody would have any reason to change their behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just a heads up - 100 millionaires guaranteed tonight with the euromillions draw😛

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nordicul

Irish Lotto Main Draw machine and statistics 

Can someone please tell me if the same machine is used each time there is the Main Lotto draw?

I have not been able to find the answer to this anywhere.

I suspect though that the answer to my own question is No. As the Lotto organisers would need a backup machine in case of failure of the primary one. They would then probably rotate the machines to ensure the backup one worked ok.

If this,( ie two machines used,) is true, it would surely negate any Lotto Statistics eg number frequency, hot and cold numbers as there is no mention of which machine was used.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

No repeat of the capped jackpot this time. Jackpot of nearly €4.7 million won on 09 Feb 2022. Ran for 7 draws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

Even winning the local GAA lotto is difficult. I won twice in over 100 attempts. £50 and £25, not even the big jackpot. The person who wins the jackpot always seems to be wealthy anyway. I remember a wealthy lawyer in my parish won a car from the All Ireland GAA draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Someone in Ireland won the €30 million Euromillions tonight...

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/0211/1279348-lottery/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Deadly, hope they enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

over 400 winners of a lotto jackpot in the Philippines, numbers were 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54 ...

all multiples of nine, what are the odds....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭moycullen14

Exactly the same as any other set of 6 numbers. Nothing special about the odds for a particular sequence. 1,2,3,4,5,6 is as likely to come up as any other.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Any 6 numbers have the same odds of winning but if you do patterns it is more likely to be shared as people like to form patterns out of randomness.

Advertisement