Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB - Deposit Problem

• 19-11-2021 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

I didn't make it to the bank today during opening hours (working) so I went to the AIB on Swords Main St because, you can use it to deposit cash. Put my card in, hit the option to deposit, I put a large amount of cash in. The machine took the money, whirled around for a while, then said "Transaction Error". Took a minute, spat my card out but didn't return the money. Then gave an error message saying it was "Machine Fault - Temporarily Out Of Service".

There is an automated hotline thats absolutely useless. The branch isn't open to until Monday.

Can anyone help with somewhere I can report this a.s.a.p? I haven't got hundreds of euro spare to throw down the tubes because of a machine error.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Also, I have no idea where to post this so, if any moderators think it belongs somewhere else please move to wherever is deemed appropriate. Thanks

The money must have got jammed in the machine. It's still in there, and when the branch opens on Monday they'll have to fix it so they'll know there was an issue.

Call customer service tomorrow morning to let them know how much money you put in and what account it was meant to go to. They'll sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Thanks but, as I guessed, their customer support wasn't/isn't working/receptive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

There is absolutely nothing customer support could do for you anyway.

This can happen if you try and put too many note in at the same time.

There is nothing to be concerned about as the machine will have logged the issue and notes in the lodgement will be together. Same with all lodgements - every one is kept separate and verified in their own "compartments".

There should have been a security person there to log the issue (there is in Naas).

Yes, it has happened to me in both AIB & Ulster. AIB had it verified within a few hours, Ulster had to wait until report cam back from processing unit (3 days) but did credit the account with what I had said was lodged

Advertisement