Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Plus 1 year - €20 off - €39.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

My membership is not up til the summer . Could I add this on to it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Yes the subscription stacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Cheers, that's a Christmas present sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Smyths as well:

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/digital-downloads/gaming-memberships/playstation-memberships/playstation-plus-12-month-membership-33%25-off-digital-download-/p/604723

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

You can get a €50 psn top up card for €44 from here:

https://www.eneba.com/psn-playstation-network-card-50-eur-ie-psn-key-ireland

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,131 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

What way does this work?

Do you receive a digital code or do you have to wait for it in the post?

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

With the PS Store it gets added to your account.

if you buy from Smyth’s you get the code emailed in minutes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just confirm.

mine is up in March 2022.

i just bought this offer and added it today and my new renewal in March 2023 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

What does this get you? Online play and 2 free games a month or something? What type of games are they usually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yes it allows you to play online and usually 3 games a month but they vary month to month

Here is a list

They arrive the first Tuesday of the month and are usually leaked the last Thursday of the previous month

They are playable as long as you have a current membership but you don't have access to previous months releases only from when you sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

I don't have a sub at the moment and won't be playing it for another couple of months, so I could buy this today and the 12 months kicks in only when I input the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Similar question to the above............I've picked up an almost new PS4 (don't seem to be able to get them new for love nor money!) as a Santa pressie. Didn't realise you needed a subscription to play online. So this offer looks great. My question is - can I buy now but activate after we fire up the PS4 on Christmas Day? Presumably, on the day, sign up for a PS4 account of some sort and then get the subscription I bought now, activated for 12 months from Christmas Day?

P.S. we have a PS3 and I'm pretty sure I signed up for some playstation account for that...........would it be the same account or do I sign up for specific PS4 account? Sorry for going off-topic here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Forgive my ignorance but are Playstation plus and playstation now different things? I just bought 3 months of PS now for 24.99 so I could stream games on PC.

Edit: A less than quick google has informed me that they are indeed different and I have not missed out any deals. Apologies for interrupting.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I bought some codes from Smyths earlier this week and it says it expires one year from the date of purchase. So you can set up your player account (or you can carry the same account from PS3 to PS4) when you like and enter the PS+ code to get the 12 month's subscription at a later point.

Also, given the number of new consoles that get registered on Christmas Day and service outages in previous years, it might be worthwhile if Santa did all the software updates in advance of the big day and an account ready to go, with just the PS+ subscription code to enter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you want to buy this and wait to start until Christmas get a code from Smyth's and it won't start until you pop in the code.

If you just want to get a good deal and have it right away just buy it on the PS Store as it's the same price.

PS Now is different. PS+ gives you online access. PS Now is more like Netflix for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Thanks guys, appreciate the replies. I'll get Santa ready so and make the purchase!

Advertisement