Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Currys🤦‍♀️

• 20-11-2021 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Anyone know if there is any point in making a complaint about currys or am I just wasting energy 🤷‍♀️

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,486 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nothing worse than a bad curry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Complaint to who?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eoh70

Sorry, should have been more specific 🙊. Complaint to management or Head office or something? Had a bad experience in one of their stores and just wondering who to report it to. From what I can gather it's pointless and they just don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Totally and utterly pointless.

They neither care or want to care.

Overpriced with hard sell tactics especially on accessories you don't need and warranties not worth the paper they are written in - but the 30% commission the sales person gets ensures a hard sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭daheff

If you feel strongly about what's happened then make a complaint. At least you've registered your complaint even if they don't do anything.

If enough people register the same complaint then something might happen. Might not either, but definitely won't if you say nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Thanks that's what I heard alright. Might do it anyway if only to have a rant 😏

Thank you. I will, not expecting anything but just to have it logged anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It might be useful for others if you gave the sources that told you it was pointless to complain.

• Advertisement

A simple Google search will tell you that Curry's couldn't give a damn about customer complaints.

Has been the same for years.

I wonder why they asked here, when they knew that already.

Yes, Google and anyone I asked didn't seem to have got anywhere when they complained

Lol, just in the hope that someone might have a positive comeback. Maybe have a different contact to get in touch to the ones on web/social media,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,058 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The fact that they have been in the Irish market for years and we are getting posts like the OP kinda proves that they don't care about customer service.

Are they still forgetting that they are operating in Ireland with our consumer protection laws?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I had an issue with them a fee years back. I was getting nowhere so i plastered my experience in all their social media i could find. The issue was swiftly resolved.

That was my thinking. The language they used (heard, gathered) makes me think the information they have might not be internet based. Posting it will add to the knowledge base online, and may help others in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Homelander

30% commission, where did you pull that from? Seems pretty ridiculous even by "I just made it up" standards.

absolutely standard commission for these electrical warranties, sometimes its higher. Possibly the store gets the 30%+ and splits it with the sales person, but there's a reason they do a hard sell.

btw - brokers get average 20% commission on many insurance products including car and home insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Homelander

So you're saying Curry's as a company make 30 percent profit on the product. That sounds normal enough for any retail operation.

That is completely different than a sales person getting 30 percent commission...which they do not. In fact, I believe Curry's do not have a commission model at all for their sales staff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In fact, I believe Curry's do not have a commission model at all for their sales staff.

This would help explain the complete disinterest amongst the staff on the last occasion I was unfortunate enough to have to go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In fact, I believe Curry's do not have a commission model at all for their sales staff.

An extended warranty represent excellent value for money. And all of the computer accessories they sell are current models.

€49.99 for a simple cable - and there no such thing as a current model cable. . Power city had the identical cable for 19.95 (mini hdmi to hdmi). If i had time, I would have got it from amazon for a tenner, but accept a premium to get it from a local store, but not a rip off 49.99

as for warranties - I've yet to hear a good story about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭beachhead

Your complaint will go nowhere.You can complain to their UK or Irish office-same result thank you for your letter informing us of the matter now please eff off letter in reply.I complained about a UK business here to their Irish address,reply came from UK

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Back when Moses wore short pants, I worked in Apple. One of the biggest volume of calls was from PC World customers who bought their extended warranty. As soon as they bought from PC World/Currys they were given our number. Only we didn't do support for Currys. Usually a customer would be sent back to Currys and the phone would go 2 minutes later - a different number given to the customer by Currys - still an Apple number. It got so bad with customers returning the warranty to PC World and getting refunded that Apple management told us to stop telling them they weren't covered. When we asked what we do after the 12 months was up they were stumped for an answer. They were sold 3-5 year hardware warranties that PCW/Curries couldn't cover, and when you find out after 13 months, its a bit late. After a while it died down - apparently they told people to contact Apple for their extended warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Darc19 (post #24) and whiterebel (post #26), the batteries in your irony detectors need replacing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ah, it's been a long day. Batteries now replaced.😃

Advertisement