Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Office older versions?

Options
  • 20-11-2021 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Sorry if this is not in the correct thread!

I was looking to purchase an older version of MS Office (e.g. 2013 or 2016).. Something I could install on my daughter's laptop and not worriy about subscriptions.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

Thanks. Never heard of that. Will this work with MS OFfice files? I.e. would I be able to open/edit DOCx and PPTx files?

... and further, it costs nothing to use it.

You can also set the default Load/Save options to be MS Office file types (DOCX, XLSX etc) so it is seamless in use. One thing to watch out for, though, is limited VBA support so if that's important to you it may not be an option.

In case you need to know, VBA is MS Offices' scripting language. The code is contained within the spreadsheet/document and you'll usually get a prompt to 'Enable macros' when a file containing VBA code is loaded. Files with code also have a different extension; XLSM for Excel spreadsheets & DOCM for Word documents so they're easily noticeable ...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

Thanks a million.

Just installed it on her laptop. Looks perfect for what she needs

HOpefully VBA restrictions won't be an issue. She'll be mostly using the WOrd and PPT apps for her college work.

Advertisement