Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disability enquiries

• 20-11-2021 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi I appealed a disability payment because I work 20 hours. 3 months ago. yesterday I received a letter from my appeal decision saying I've partially won my appeal can someone explain this to me please as it doesn't explain on the letter thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Can you fold over the letter so I can’t see your personal details, take a picture of the letter and post it here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,030 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

OP, ignore the village ***** ,

I can't answer your question not knowing why you needed to make an appeal in the first place. I'm assuming you may have gone over what is permissible in terms of earnings for a period of time and had your DA Payment reduced.

Honestly your best option is to call them on Monday and get clarification. Good luck but it seems a positive result on your appeal.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 yazoo 3456

I appealed the amount that disability allowance was given me each week so it looks like I've won just wondering will it be backdated from the time my appeal was submitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,030 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's highly likely you'll receive any shortfall in disability payment for the periods applicable but as the appeal was partly successful the only way to know for sure is to get clarification directly from the Department.

Normally as an example, a successful appeal on a decline for a SW /Disability Payment would be backdated to original date of application for the Benefit/Payment, your situation is a little different involving the reduction of a Payment , the Department now need to ascertain any loss to you, so impossible to give a definitive answer.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 yazoo 3456

Thanks for your reply 👍

• Advertisement
Advertisement