Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW13 Transfers

Options
  • 20-11-2021 3:40pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Took a punt on Havertz 4 weeks ago, time to get rid.

ESR in bar injuries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'll add Chilwell to James and go 4-3-3. Rotation is inevitable of course but their ceiling is so high it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Have to get James or Chilwell in for a double defence, have Rudiger

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Need to change my strikers. Antonio, Vardy & Ings doing nothing. Have 3.4 mil in the bank. I’m thinking Ings to Jimi for a start. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

A sneaky punt on Bentekkers perhaps? His next few fixtures look promising...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Barring any injuries I'm taking the points and running. Rudiger to James for me. Have money in the bank to do this.

• Advertisement

• Benrahma ---> Gallagher

Tananga ---> Chalobah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭macraignil

Have McArthur who has just been on the bench most weeks red flagged for potentially a long time so thinking of just using the .5mill in the bank to upgrade him to Hojbjerg or Henderson and playing one of them ahead of Benrahma next week against Man City. Could also just ship out Benrahma but think he could still start returning points soon so think it could be worth holding him for a bit longer. Will wait to see how the rest of the weeks games pan out before deciding anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Considering moving Antonio out. His next 3 fixtures are mci, BHA, CHE. Probably not a lot of potential for goals/assists there. Havertz also is becoming a problem.

Kane/Son/Cornet/Jimi all on the watchlist.

Vardy -> Toney

Foden -> Son

McCarthy -> Foster

Duffy -> Cancelo

-12, so the hell what. My first year at this lark, strictly for educational purposes. Trial and error, not competing for fifty big ones so I ain't got no nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭macraignil

Gallagher looked very attacking in some of the highlights on Match of the day and is due to rise so using my free transfer to get him in for Benrahma who has tough fixtures and has not been getting enough FPL points. Just looked up the McArthur injury and he is said to maybe be out for a couple of weeks so no point wasting my free transfer on a bench player if they could be back in a relatively short time anyway. Hopefully Gallagher's run of good form continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Earlier in the season around gw 3 I had a good feeling when he scored a brace v west ham he said himself in an interview the manager wanted him to get in the box at every opportunity this season. He’s got great returns so far and even when he blanks he still looks very involved in the attack. For me he’ll be the midfield budget pick of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭crushproof

Definitely Dias out for Cancelo now. Can't believe went for him over Cancelo on my wildcard weeks ago and was too stubborn to switch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Rage transfer Foden out. Maybe Jota in depending on injury news

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im regretting not selling Antonio two weeks ago before the Liverpool game, he hasnt been passing the eye test for a few weeks now going back to Everton away where he didnt have a single shot on goal. Problem is who to go to, might downgrade to Toney and use the funds elsewhere. Will leave money ITB to get Antonio back at some stage down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 15,528 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Original plan was to bring in Regulion & Jota for White & Havertz.

I'm more concerned with Spurs conceding again for Regulion as in not sure he will be scoring every week to get points. White does have an appealing game against Newcastle now too.

Jota injury might scupper that transfer yet. Not tight for funds so I can wait until later on in the week. Gallagher could be the alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Jota injury was it? Totally missed that

Just a doubt for now. He picked one up during the Arsenal game but played on. Was subbed later on.

With Liverpool's position in their CL group, they can afford to rest players in the midweeks now. Jota might be rested in that game, injury or no injury.

Did Duffy to James last night before the price rise, I already have Chilwell-TAA-Cancelo but I cant go another week watching James haul and not being on him. No doubt rotation will hit the double Chelsea defence but Livra is good back up when it happens. Still have another free transfer, will decide later in the week whether to do Havetz to Jota or roll it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2FTs. Lots of options...

Havertz > Bernardo/Foden/Jota

Havertz + Mbuembo > Foden/Jota + Bernardo

Havertz + Toney > Mane and Davis (and switch to 4-4-2)

Antonio is becoming a pain. I have so much TV tied up in him though, so finding it hard to sell him and the West Ham fixtures change in a few weeks. But at the same time, do you trust his hamstrings over Christmas?

His last 3 league games have seen 2 shots off target and 0 on target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭crushproof

And of course he scored an absolute worldie during the week for Jamaica. I reckon I'll be taking a -4 this week to shift him. Already have Jimi and ASM so not sure who to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Falling like a rock. Down to 200k

The defensive wing backs have killed me. -4

Trent & Dennis in, Christensen & Antonio out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thinking of bringing Vardy in over Dennis. Leicester seem to have a better fixture run than Watford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭steve_r

Looking at:

Kai to Gallagher

White to James

Contemplating Dias to Cancelo too for a -4 - can't afford it otherwise. Maybe the prudent thing is to leave that move to the following week.

yeah we really should have sold him 2 weeks back when it was being discussed but I too was put off by losing team value. Maybe its not that bad selling him though? For me its showing current price as 8.2m and a selling price as 7.8m. So it would mean leaving 0.5m itb to get him back later if necessary. Of that 0.5m 0.3m is profit if youve owned him since GW1 so its not the worst situation to be in.

The other option is to bench him v City & Chelsea but play him v Burnley & Arsenal. He did score in both games v City last season so you could get burnt benching him. But once those 4 fixtures are out of the way he plays a good few easier defences.

I think the bigger issue with him though is he has looked lethargic and isnt getting in good positions to score. If Bowen were a forward Id have him at the moment over Antonio as he's looked a lot more lively over the last few GWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Anyone else or just me. God I hate when this happens

• Registered Users Posts: 33,096 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Was planning to bring him in tonight before his rise. But I waited til he played for this reason

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Was going to bank but might do Chilwell to Alonso and have the james and Alonso double up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,096 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wait until we know the severity of the injury first though. It looked like it might have been an ACL, but honestly, it might end up being something minor. If its 2 weeks out, you're certainly transferring Chilwell out given how fast the fixtures come at the moment, but it probably wouldn't be for Alonso if the timeframe was so short.

• Advertisement

Tuchel said Chilwell was in a lot of pain initially, but not as bad now, and that he will go for a scan tomorrow.

Advertisement