Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathtub vs Shower Waste Exit Level Comparison

Options
  • 21-11-2021 4:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Planning a new Ensuite upstairs and my sewrage connections will be to the opposite side of the house via side attic. For my new toilet, I can secure a downwards flow to the sewarge connection on the other side of the house without cutting rafters in this side attic.

However, my showers waste will be too low and the only way I could connect it in to this waste at the other side of the house is if I cut through all the rafters or put the shower on a platform. FYI, going in and out off exterior wall is not an option, neither is finding another waste location in the house as all floorboards would have to come up.

I am now thinking about a bath instead of the shower as it seems a baths waste exits at a much place in comparison to a shower. Therefore I wouldnt have to cut rafters as result, would I be correct in saying that?

Advertisement