Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What WiFi Mesh system?

Options
  • 21-11-2021 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Been thinking of getting a mesh system for a while - newbie to all of this though so hoping someone can help me out and advise.

Currently using a 4G PAYG SIM in a Huawei B525 router. House is approximately 280sq metres and theres major WiFi blackspots all over the place.

Would something like the Google Wifi - Mesh Wifi System, pack of 3 for €150 work with a 4g mobile broadband router?

Would it be future proof if we were to upgrade to 5g in the bear future, or alternatively get a fibre broadband system installed, could this be used with all of those systems to improve WiFi coverage throughout the house?

Does this just increase the area coverage or does it boost the speed also?

How does this compare with the TP-Link Deco X20 AX1800 for £199 on Amazon, or indeed the Amazon eero mesh Wi-Fi system | 3-pack for £150ish?

Which would be best? Need something easy to install and nothing too complicated.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

I have the Eero Pro mesh system with 3 units in the house. Very easy to set up and rock solid performance, nothing ever dropped. I wish had got the Eero mesh years ago.

Advertisement