Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is is just me, or is Apple Music a buggy shitshow of an app?

Options
  • 21-11-2021 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭

I have 6 months free access to Apple Music - started last week.

Maybe it's just me, but there are lots of issues (on iphone 12 pro max)

• Songs with gaps
    • Songs with 20-30 seconds of silence at the end - and when finished, next song doesn't play
    • Songs with staticy interference
    • Songs rewinding a bit mid song, playing, only to rewind again to the same point (not the start of the song)
    • Playback just randomly stops

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Never seen it myself over last year or so on iPhone 11 and HomePods, with it being used every day, couple of hours a day.

the issue you described, they all seem network related like slow loading the next song, rewinding mid song etc.

is the network ok? Same on Wi-Fi and 4G?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The only time I get issues with Apple Music is when I'm in the car and playing via (wireless) CarPlay. I get the odd (rare) time where a song will stop, or skip to the next track half way though a song, or a song will come up on the screen, but just not play. Saturday, I had some static interference - like the song occasionally cutting in and out from time to time.

I put these down to network/connectivity issues - either my mobile or the (3rd party) wireless CarPlay connection. They're rare enough that they don't bother me. Been using Apple Music since it came out, and I haven't had any of these issues ever on my home WiFi network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I don't have those issues but I just think its a really poorly designed app and missing obvious stuff that Spotify has. Its 'recommended' section is absolutely terrible as well, no matter how many times I say 'suggest less like this' I still end up with whatever shite pop song is out in my recommendations. Its also impossible to find 'recently played' songs, you can find albums allright but if you search for a song, play it and then move on to something else the only way to quickly find that song again is to search for it or tap the now playing and scroll up to see if its still there (it may or may not be).

If it wasn't for Apple family plan I wouldn't use Apple Music by choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Been using Apple Music since start now and it has improved a lot over the last few years.

Anytime I've experienced the issues mentioned above it's always a connection issue and usually from mobile provider whilst in the car and not been anything to do with the app which I find to be very stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Apple Music has improved a lot of late, but for me it's nowhere near as usable as Spotify. The issues mentioned above do sound more of a connectivity problem though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Seems like Apple everything is buggy these days, it’s annoying...

Advertisement