Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal or illegal parking

• 22-11-2021 2:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17

I have just purchased a house in a small estate in Ballina and someone keeps parking their car right outside my sittingroom window. My house is detached, no garden and the front in communal but is it legal to have a car park spot right under my window? (My house would be seriously damaged if this car was to go on fire). How can I find out if this area is allocated for parking? There are places allocated a little further up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the estate under the control of a management company or had it been handed over to the council?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Nearly every house with a driveway has a car parked right beside it's front window so it's legal to park a car that close.

If there's no markings on the road and it's more than 5m from a junction then it's most likely legal

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Think of the damage to his car if your house goes on fire!

Advertisement