Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premium domains

Options
  • 22-11-2021 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

How are premium domains building a portfolio so fast, is it just monitoring pending deletions and HEXONET back ordering?

how come none of the other web hosts got into the back ordering business?

Am i missing something ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There's a few companies and people who have quite large portfolios of .ie domains. Premium Domains aren't the biggest holder. I don't think they've added much to their portfolio recently but I'll admit I haven't really been paying too much attention either.

They're not back ordering - they're either registering the domains "fresh" or re-registering them shortly after they're deleted.

Back orders wouldn't have been possible under the old .ie registration rules - at least not sanely.

Michele

Advertisement