Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIR Problem

• 22-11-2021 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have a wired PIR in the sitting room for the last 15 years that activates the alarm at night if we've had the fire down. It usually goes off about an hour and half after setting. We've dealt with this by de-activating that zone when setting the alarm. I've done a self install on a new HKC 10270 panel (with lots of help from old posts in this forum) and reckon now's the time to change the PIR as well.

Any recommendations on the PIR type, dual or quad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

You could also set the PIR up so it is off in part set, only if you are not reliant on the PIR to pick up an intruder.

Dual tech would be my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 san-do

Altor, thanks for your help on this.

At the minute it’s only PIR’s internally (no other sensors) so we only turn it off when we have to. I’ll go with the dual tech for now and I’ll have the option of part set once the other sensors are in. Thanks again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd recommend adding permiter protection to the windows. A motion detection will only notify you AFTER a burglar has gained entry.

You can add wire free sensors to the 10270 to cover windows and doors if no cables are in place.

This would be preferable to just using PIRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 san-do

KoolKid & Altor, thanks for our advice on this. I'm planning to swop over what we already have to the 10270 first then expand it out with more sensors (wireless). I had wanted to be able to use the HKC app to get images from a video doorbell or a CCTV camera but from what i read it seems like Smartlink 700 might be needed for this. Is that correct?

• Advertisement

That is the better solution than just depending on the PIRs themselves.

Yes you would need Smartlink 700 to set this up but most systems come with their own app for CCTV or the doorbell.

Advertisement