Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@Ireland on Twitter

• 22-11-2021 6:27pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Adopts shameless self-promotion tone:

I am running the @Ireland account on Twitter this week, so if you are on Twitter, please do drop by and say hello.

I'm talking about genealogy - cad eile?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Sorry Pinky, I don't twit! 🙂

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Nor I unfortunately but it seems to be getting a great response despite our absence! 😋

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's going well. I'm going to highlight our forum later in the week.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I've forgotten all about Facebook at this stage, haven't looked at my FB page in months so I doubt I'll ever do the Twitter thing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

Hi Jelly,

I’m on Facebook of necessity to access a few ‘closed’ sites and a local history one. I despise FB’s corporate ethics and business model, and remain only because the DNA matching tool in ‘FB groups’ has proved useful. Life is already complicated enough without adding all the other Tik/WhatsApp/Insta noise.

And, like most others who posted here, it appears, most have largely given up on Boards since its crappy revamp.

• Advertisement

I haven't given up Boards yet as I'm getting used to it but there are still some glitches. The few fora which I follow are like deserts now, hardly anyone on them any more. Anyway on the subject of FB for genealogy, I've often wondered just how anyone manages to find any leads on it. Twitter is another world to me, and I'd rather not get hooked on any more websites right now.

Advertisement