Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship 2021 - 23/11 to 05/12. Eurosport and BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

What is Ronnie at? Not bovvered mode?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

He did look gone for a couple of shots and Kyren didn't take his chance. Little bit reminiscent of world semi against Selby and we all know what happened there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Ronnie is on the brink of losing patience completely here. But then he pulls that clearance out of the bag. Wilson in now, fancy him to still win one of the two remaining...

What was the name of the fella who used two rests one on top of another? Would Kyren have been better off doing that?

Unlucky there with the split but still should have potted that. Position was muck too.

• Advertisement

Some shots from Ronnie there one after another. Deserves 5-5

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ronnie is getting some amount of good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

You'd have to make Ronnie the favourite now

With the amount of chances Kyren has had now, gilt edged chances, i wouldn't be talking about luck too much. He's played well for sure but it's no stretch to say he could have done this 6-2, 6-3 at worst.

Look at the red Kyren missed compared to the one Ronnie potted straight after. It wasn't that difficult a pot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Wilson looking very shaky now, the so called “Warrior”. Finish him off Ronnie!

Kyren has potted some great reds in this break - last frame. Most others would have folded by now v Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Fair play to Wilson, showed some bottle in the final frame and played some great shots, especially given all the bad luck in the last few frames.

Fair play to him there. I really thought he had blown it but he proved me wrong in the end. Overall deserved it really.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Lucky Ronnie didn't care if he won it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Glad Wilson won in the end.

I believe Ronnie genuinely still wants to win, just that he made decision some time back that he's not going to get into deep grinding exchanges in order to do so. So he'll just keep going for his shots and more often than not it'll come down to an opponent taking his chances or not. Today Kyren did. Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Good contest, probably fair enough outcome. Interesting to see who has the cojones to win the tournament now Ronnie's out

I think Hawkins (assuming he beats Andy Hicks - he's 3-0 up atm) beats the winner of the Jackpot/Xintong match quite easy..

Bazza ranked 14 to Lisowski's 15, so maybe he's annoyed that he aint on the main table

Lisowski very disappointing again, thought this would be his night but pot success of a little over 80% won't win much at this level. Zhao is great to watch but think hawk is altogether a different proposition, proper match player will provide a starkly different test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Not surprised Jack is gone, he's such a fragile player. They like to do a lot of fawning over him but he's never really shown that he's capable of winning big tournaments.

I think Zhao has a good chance against Hawkins, Hawkins hasn't played that great, if Zhao got a 3-0 lead against him like Selt did I could see him closing it out.

The game tonight has been dreadful.

I saw Zhao losing to both Aaron Hill and Paul Deaville (playing his first ever pro tournament) only a few weeks back and it's almost unfathomable that same player is now in a uk semi final. Find it hard to conceive he could have the all round game to beat an old hand like Hawkins at this stage of a major tournament, but has to be said I've got more wrong than right this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have sympathy with Ronnie a little, this and the absolute cacophony of a racket the spectators at the adjoining table were making leaving the arena...talking, howling laughing, dropping stuff...

no real need for a photographer posted at the matches.. with technology now it should and can be done remotely, digitally, wirelessly and without sound ....

Also, the divide between tables should be solid...now this gimpy three meter gap, might as well not be there...what’s the point of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The tv scheduling has been a disaster. Going off to the iplayer or red button which I can't use.

Rob Walker and Shaun Murphy on comms is a disaster too.

Doesn't feel like the UK championship either with multi tables and Cazoo are sponsoring everything nowadays...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I think Ronnie handled this very well by his standards, just sat down and let the crowd leave, even made a joke about it with the ref.

If the photographer is moving in his line of sight Ronnie should say something. He's been known to fly of the handle for less so I'll give him credit for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Luca brecel playing some fantastic snooker currently, fair play to him!

Luca at 98 or 99% potting and only 2-2 at the interval, but got to be happy at way he's playing at least. Bit unlucky to leave that plant there. If he can maintain this, fair play to him.

It has one of things Ronnie has been consistent on - a photographer moving with no tripod - get out.

That was some shot by Wilson to pot red and get out for the black. Just wonder If he starts gradually to take control now.

• Advertisement

Impressive this. Doesn't look like missing anything at the minute.

Advertisement