Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship 2021 - 23/11 to 05/12. Eurosport and BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I haven't seen Brecel play live in this tournament yet. But jayus great stuff to watch. I thought Brecel was/is supposed to be one of those flaky snooker player types.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Always thought he was good, flash potter but one dimensional who had no plan b when he broke down, another lisowski basically. But if he doesn't miss, then no plan b required!!

Brecel is playing like 'Peak Hendry' in the UK in 1994. You would think he is on a pool table.

Kyren still plugging away - fair dues to him.

It's been pretty much no miss snooker so far, only question now does he flash past the winning line or does he balk at it. Kyren been decent himself today, unlikely to give it away easily I'd say.

Guaranteed Dennis is going to say something like- 'Just when you thought this game had everything, we have a rerack'?

Looks like no rerack now anyway.

• Advertisement

Simply a masterclass in potting, safety, and patience (has let Wilson do a lot of the 'boat pushing out' amidst the safety exchanges) from Brecel... and Wilson's been a long way from shabby.. Almost there 😊 mon LUCA!!!

Luca could close his eyes and he would still pot them. Next question has he peaked too early for the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Naughty snooker at the end! Love it.

Kyren joins in the standing ovation. Not much he could do about that today. Luca answered every question. Simply stunning.

Impossible to say - "unchartered territory" g for the boy Luca, in a massive comp... Will be looking forward to see what happens.. Great showmanship at the end too 😁 Just fantastic!

• Advertisement

Luca seems like a bit of a character. Well able for the back and forth in the studio there, Dreamt he won 10-6 in the final!

Will have to throw the money on it!

Coverage on BBC 4 tonight apparently.

That's Luca up to 17th, from 40th before the tournament started. Win tomorrow and he'll be in the top 10 and in the masters, players and tour championship. Massive incentive. Has already won on tour before, China championship I think, so has that to fall back on at least.

If 'awkins don't win tonight; I'm seeing nought but a demolition job by Brecel tomorrow, and I'll back him -3.5 , -4.5 , -5.5 , -6.5 , and maybe even -7.5 frames, to beat Zhao tomorrow..

I reckon the lads - Jimmy and Angles are thinking summit similar - will be interesting to see how they couch the prospect of a Brecel/Xintong final, if they decide to speculate.. Think Barry will win tonight though...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That was some damn fine entertaining snooker from both but Luca in particular, brilliant...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Be great for the game on the continent if Brecel wins. Eurosport will be happy to get the interest up.

Loads of lefties about nowadays.. Probably couldn't count the number of them in the top 16 on one hand 😋 Top of head (assuming they're all in top 16) , there's Bazza , Mark Allen , Robbo , Judd , Jack. .. probably another one I aint thought of.. Not unusual at all to see two lefties duke it out, ie tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Does anyone know where I can watch this afternoon's session again as I missed it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Delighted to see Wilson lose. He's a professional bottler.

Ever since he got hammered by a mid 40's player in the world championship final and he said something like "I'm not too disappointed, I'm still young"

28 years old is not young. The standard of players coming through is bad.

• Advertisement

28 years ago Al.. Zhou not read the script - he's beating The Hawk all ends up here 😂 Come on Bazza!

Looks like another one I've got wrong this week! Bazza really not firing at all but been made to look ordinary. Even if zhao flinches, kinda hard to see Barry raising it enough to pull it back. Wouldn't get carried away on the basis of one tournament but quite refreshing to see a couple of the heavily touted kids finally put it together.

It could be the quickest final on record if is Brecel v Zhao.

Poor Barry 😩 Never raised a gallop// WD Zhou ! Some performance that,

Should be a cracker 2moro... I like Luca - he beat up an in-form Wilson, but Zhao beat nowt in fairness

10-6 to the Belgian - he had a dream 😋

Davis and Hendry and doing very well drawing info out of Zhao. He seems to have a bit of humour about him.

I am looking forward to a novelty final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I'm not surprised Barry was blitzed, I said it before if Zhao got a 3-0 lead he'd be very likely to close it out, which he did, even better than I thought he would tbh, I thought Hawkins would of given him some trouble.

But Hawkins hasn't played well all tournament really, Selt left him off the hook and the guy last night was a non entity, that match was terrible and Barry played very poorly.

Zhao has all the talent but it remains to be seen if he can now go on and become a heavy hitter and become a top player, but does he have the head or consistency to be an elite?, that's the only question because he proved he has the talent.

Still can't stop thinking about the Aaron Hill match last month which Zhao blew from 3-0 up. He was trying crazy shots from ridiculous angles and just generally losing his head and I thought, this guy is never going to get there! That's what's surprised me this week, the composure and discipline he's shown, never any doubt he could pot. True tests will only come when we see him under it and having to dig it out, but will be fun to see anyway. Comparisons with Jimmy seem quite apt.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that...absolutely great stuff - I'm looking forward to an entertaining final.

Advertisement