Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship 2021 - 23/11 to 05/12. Eurosport and BBC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

a 20 break would feel like a maximum at the moment ..it’s so bad it’s a good watch .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Walden is really begging to be put out of his misery here but Hamilton can't seem to find the knock out blow. Not ruling out a 1am finish entirely yet!

Yeah, fk Trump! 😁

A bit leftfield, but I notice that Trump is one of the more 'natty' dressers on tour.. Looks as though all his outfits are tailor made, as he always looks very streamlined - no baggy pants, or shirts (mainly). Surely this gives him an extra advantage (nowt wrong with that) , in that he's less likely to make contact with a ball from a piece of clothing when he's leaning over table..

Nothing to do with thread topic - it's just summit I've often thought about, when I've seen him play... Fair enough - he's slim, and clothes would likely fit him better than most of the 'athletes' on show, but I still reckon he has em tailor made...

Yeah, no harm at all to see Trump exit.. He's got plenty of Ronnie like negative attributes, like sulking and petulance, without the charisma/aura of the great man.. Alex Higgins, James Warren White, and Ronald Antonio O'Sullivan,, names that transcend the sport, but Judd Trump - he's nowhere near 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

This Hamilton Walden match is shocking bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Walden on a roll here but I'm sure he'll make a balls of it somehow

• Advertisement

Last couple of frames have been the worst standard I have ever watched between 2 pros in years . It’s exciting but it’s a chronic level

Started in November will finish in December … lol

It's like they're playing some weird form of billiards

• Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Body language of the two of them is gas to watch. Every shot has to be thought out no matter how simple, and a mental torture.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Walden is doing what the kids call 'turtling' here - trying not to lose with his (reasonably) big points advantage.. Can't blame the Sheriff, as he only needs this frame.. Ricky should try force the issue a bit more imo... Sooner or later Anthony is liable to get a decent chance - and he just has..!

• Advertisement

I have to laugh as well that Ken is commentating on it. Ken is in his element, loves this type of snooker. Hendry would be cracking up.

Jesus....brave/crazy stuff from Hamilton there

Anthony is bossing this safety exchange - as much luck as judgement at times...

The end is nigh....surely

Or not 😂

I think I know Walden's tactic. Keep it tight and hope Hamilton has no change to pay for the table when it is over - so he has to concede?

That was one I used to use in flyers.

It wasn't that easy Ken.

Walden won't sleep after that miss.

Story of rickys career that black.

• Advertisement

Bit of a damp squid 😁 I wanted to see a final frame decider... I don't think Ricky's black to middle was as easy as Ken seemed to think it was..

Sheriff marches on... Mon Anthony! He's hardly quaking knowing he's facing Luca Brecel, who hasn't really lived up to his what seemed early potential, a few seasons back..

I just checked there he is a pro 20 years. Was in the top 10 from 2014 -2017.

Has the talent to have achieved a lot more than he did, though has had a few issues with his back through the years that probably didn't help to be fair. Eyesight problems too iirc.

Couple of absolute pearlers from Noppon in that opening frame. Laying down a marker anyway.

Missing a couple but not afraid to go for his shots anyway. Not overawed in the slightest. Good contest so far.

Enjoyable affair. Ronnie looking in reasonable good nick this week, no guff about dodgy tips or cue actions, just getting on with it. Noppon at least keeping it pucked out to him.

Great clearance by noppon to get ahead, could be interesting

Some impressive potting in this match from Noppon. Chance to turn the screw here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,729 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Big visit from Noppon, he doesn’t take the chance but Ronnie with a poor shot blows it.... noppon with a dreadful positional shot with the frame all but his, poor safety too. Can’t make these mistakes vs Ronnie

fûcking absolutely brain dead that they don’t have solid partitions between tables...

Advertisement