Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship 2021 - 23/11 to 05/12. Eurosport and BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Intrigued by this match up. Not seen much of Jack this season, results before this week not been great. Hossein isn't always the tightest so should in theory be a good opponent for him. Hoping Hossein continues his good form anyway, if he does he'll go close.

Well that third frame was bonkers. How Vafaei lost that I'll never know.

Very entertaining match. Taking that red on was never the shot for me, was screaming at him to play the snooker. Lisowski is some machine to be fair, though still rough round the edges. Would fancy him to beat Zhou so big chance for him to finally make that much anticipated major breakthrough.

rerack? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Pretty uninteresting line up tonight. All English veterans

• Advertisement

"Shredsville" Fouldsy woulda said it already..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I’d say the organisers are fuming that all the big hitters have been knocked out. I’d say someone is thinking what format will we do next year to make sure Trump reaches the final.

The bbc will be fine as long as Ronnie stays in it. If he gets knocked out tomorrow they'll probably can it, or stick it completely behind the button, and schedule triple afternoon bills of Coast for the next 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don't know did any of you see Steve Davis in studio earlier today. He was asked to comment on the Masters draw.

He said something like 'Great draw look at all those top players, many of them wondering how they can get their form back after this tournament after been knocked out early'

Then burst his sides laughing.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I did see that but wasn't paying very close attention so didn't fully get what point they were making. He looked strange in the specs, don't think I've seen him wearing those before?

Dave Gilbert losing at the moment, needs to win or his hopes of being in the masters are dead and buried.

• Advertisement

That's Gilbert out anyway, beaten by Andy Hicks. 25 years ago hicks was in sf of uk, worlds and masters and has been pretty much dormant ever since. Hard to see him going much further but been that kind of week so you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Yeah Andy Hicks probably the least well known player to get down to one table at the Crucible.

Definitely up there for sure. Joe Swail reached two crucible semi finals in a row and Ken beat Alan Robidaux the year he won his title. I'd say Robidaux is better known for taking the hump at Ronnie playing left handed than for his sole appearance at the crucible one table set up stage.

Hmm, playing Ronnie O'Sullivan in a uk quarter final wouldn't seem the optimum time to start using a new cue, but they don't call Kyren Wilson the ultimate tinkerer for nothing! Started well enough anyway.

What a fluke on the blue for wilson

Early days but couple of promising signs for Kyren. This cue could be a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Not sure how up for this Ronnie is. Early days yet but Wilson was out of the trap very quickly, yes he got the fluke on the Blue but aside from that he is cueing very nicely

Missed red this frame and missed brown last frame really poor from Wilson. Allowed O'Sullivan to play his way into this. Really had to be turning the screw when he had the chance there.

Yeah Ronnie will be enjoying his cup of tea more than Kyren

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Ronnie seemed to be affected by the crowd issue

• Advertisement

What a shot to bring the pink out! All while they should already be playing the next frame, Kyren 4-2 ahead. Think this would absolutely kill him, 2 frames thrown away really if ronnie goes on to clear these.

’The warrior’ does not seem to know how to go for the kill. But is still going to lead somehow.

Wilson has great determination

He is playing well to be fair to him, just every mistake he's made has been punished. Ronnie is on it so any weakness being exposed which is the way you want it. Fascinating match way it's developing.

Too aggressive ron

Far be it from me to disagree with a former world champion, but whatever way Ronnie played that red he was canoning into the red and green on the cushion. So respectfully, i would say Shaun is quite wrong on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Needed more power and pace in the cue ball... Wilson reacting like he’s been unlucky but I don’t think so.

O’sullivan then unlucky to leave the red but Wilson doesn’t capitalize , poor positional shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

O Sullivan not focussed today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wild risks from Ronnie. Hitting the ball far too hard at times aswell. They both look a bit off.

• Advertisement

That flower of reds Hendry was on about didn’t bloom. Kyren not having run of the ball in fairness.

Advertisement