If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDR & amazon prime

Options
  • 23-11-2021 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Any idea why Amazon prime looks so awful with HDR ? Dolby vision on Netflix is perfect . Apple TV 4K, I've bypassed the AVR and thats not the issue,also changed HDMI & the smart TV app gives the same results. LG C8 Oled Netflix info https://i.postimg.cc/jjQVs6fV/Netflix.jpg Prime info (look at her cheekbone, forehead for example) https://i.postimg.cc/QtX2VBgF/Prime.jpg Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi PilotHole.

It could be down to the quality of the broadcast/stream that Prime are putting out.

It may sound silly but you are selecting HDR when you start the movie or show?

You need to click under the duration bar and pick HDR.

Also worth noting is Amazon's streaming app has only one setting for 4K: 'HDR Standard. ' Netflix, however, offers three settings for 4K: Standard, Bright Room and Vivid.

Going from online there seems to be many people complaining about the quality of HDR on Prime unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PilotHole

I'm leaning towards Prime being crap myself.

Spent ages messing with my setup (much to the annoyance of the missus).

HDR pops up on the screen, the stream starts perfectly then 2 seconds later it goes darker and full of artifacts. dirt

New AVR & Atmos is savage by the way!

Loving it

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey PilotHole.

Hopefully Prime can address any issues as it does seem a lot of users are complaining about how dark it is compared to the likes of Netflix.

Glad you are enjoying the new TV other wise :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.