If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation Request: Main TV

Options
  • 23-11-2021 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Our Philips TV from 10 years ago has started to fail, with the image getting worse, and even half of the screen sticking at times. It's an opportunity to upgrade and get something for going forward. It's mostly for the folks who will use it as their main TV. I've taken a look and three of the TVs on the website stand out.

4K is obviously the way forward, and as much as their standard TV channels are not in this format, this should future-proof them. The software isn't really that crucial, as they will use a Xiaomi MiBox for their actual app and TV usage — but we'd need a TV that's not sluggish. I know that the majority of TVs with built in 'Smart' software can be quite bad, hence the standalone box.

Would you min advising me towards either of these, and let me know if there are others in the 40-inch mark that should be looked at?

PS. Why are the new TVs with such bad product ratings? The product fiche lists many as G — my old TV was a B, so example. Surely things have improved?

Thanks!

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.