Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice of Sale from LL after only having moved in (and spending money and time on improvements!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

They were amendments made by the seanad. DO'B and the Dail might ignore them...🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Agree, no incentive, because that kind of retro fit wouldn't be cheap. I think there was also some mention that retrofits would have to be done with tenants in situ. That sort of building work is not pleasant and regulations like that could cause more problems for tenants if a lot of small landlords found that BER and disability retrofitting wasn't financially possible. As other posters said, it might make those properties available for owner-occupiers because another investor would only buy a property needing that kind of work if they got it at a bargain price. Landlords selling up, less rentals - yay...

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭NeptunesMoon

Cheers, the landlord agreed and the lease was amended by the landlords estate agent to include me and replace the previous tenants name with mine. So seems I basically have the least notice, but because the others have been here since Jan 2020, the house effectively gets 120 days notice from what I can see online, but we've gotten more thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

There are special rules for multi- occupancy tenancies. The notice periods go back to when the first tenant in a chain went into the property, evgen if that tenant is not there at the end. All you can do is play the game and string out vacating the property.

Advertisement