Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling shares

• 23-11-2021 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,i've had the opportunity to buy shares from my employer(south korean)through my company share scheme.After 3 years they have matured and should be ready to sell but the company have told me they cannot sell as the broker does not hold a license to sell the shares in south korea.They origionally gave me a timeframe of about 6 months to sort this out and have since put this out another 6 months.Since the shares belong to me is there anything i can do to speed this up.Would the broker not have ensured they could sell those shares at the time of purchase?

All help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

Sounds dodgy as hell. How did the broker get shares in the first place if they don't have a license?

Best to look at other brokers and ask them specifically if they can buy/sell the shares of your company if you were to transfer them to the brokerage.

Advertisement