Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 Bore Blanks?

Options
  • 23-11-2021 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

For alarm gun 🙂 Anywhere ~ on line or otherwise ~ who can send, please? Google could only come up with a place selling cases of fifty 😧

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Mulvihill in Ballymahon had some a couple of years ago, think they were €1 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Stigura

He still keeps them. And he'll send them! 😃 (Bought, paid for and on their way) Thanks for the heads up 👍️

Now that my 'ammo's' assured; It's looking like Amazon.uk is probably about the best place to grab the actual alarms? Sadly, clearly chinese knock offs. I doubt Bisley even makes them any more. Ce la vie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

@Stigura , what part of the world are you in ? I think I have one,or two, knocking around.

Thanks, lads. Leitrim, for what it's worth, Sika.

Blanks are due, any time now, via DPD from Dave

Actual alarms? I dug on and found Henry Krank (A venerable old british firm) now produce their own ones. These clearly look to be a world away from the stuff coming off Amazon. I wouldn't want one wrapped round my head! They're Lumps! 😳

Priced accordingly. Then there's AddressPal and all that that involves. But, just take a look yeselves, lads. Compare them to the new crap ye have to have a file waiting for! 🙄

• Advertisement

So far, so good, lads! 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Open Season. Nenagh.

Well, lads, Postman finally came, today! Thought I'd add a bit more value for money to this thread 🙂

I sent for TWO from Henry Krank. € 35.09. They won't send here. So, I used Address Pal and so attracted a further € 11.57, in their fee / VAT. So ... I can't count. But, that's what? Comparable to the £20.00 or so a piece, off Amazon. And there the similarity about ends. Look at this!

One solid lump of cast metal. No files needed. Blank slots straight in 😉

Comes with a bit of fishing line, fixing screws, everything ye need ~ except blanks, obviously!

I'm yet to do anything with them but, right now? I'm one very happy camper! 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

Looks very solid, robust and well made. Should last a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Keep the spring/firing mechanism WELL greased! I've lost 2 of them from Kranks due to this oversight.They are mild steel and not very weatherproof.

Looking at them again,I'm wondering does anyone have a 3D printer? As these bodies could be printed and the bolt and spring could be acquired locally no problem and just run them up as needed. 55 euros all in,is serious cash for something made out of POT metal,[yup I discoverd that the hard way too.Dont over tighten the mounting screws] that by all intents and purposes is an expendable item.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly; I'm off into town, presently. I've put Grease in my book! Been needing some for a couple of annoying little jobs around here. This is just what I needed 😉 Thanks!

3D Printers though? Way above my pay grade, I'm afraid! 😶 Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Should be fairly handy to fabricate something similar in the average shed?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Seen somewhere on the net someone reverse-engineered a rat trap to work as an alarm gun. Wouldnt be too hard a project.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement