Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google WiFi - points not being recognised

• 23-11-2021 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi guys, I recently connected a Google wifi unit through Virgin Media router.

Speed and set up from it brilliant.

I tried to connect 2 additional points but no matter what I did the Home app wouldn't recognise them.

Any ideas? I want my mesh :)

Thanks G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭nedd

I can't be much help other than saying I have 3 set up at home and found the setup really easy. Are you sure you are doing it correctly and you're connected to the correct network when doing it? I turned off the Wifi on my Virgin router.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Giggernaut

Ah maybe that's it. I still have my virgin media turned on and Google wifi connected.

I didn't think I could turn off wifi on the virgin router as the Google wifi was connected in a port.

I was also afraid of losing Virgin media TV.

Are the two separate as I can turn off virgin wifi, connect Google wifi and keep virgin media?

I followed some YT videos but didn't see one on turning off wifi from virgin router. Tried some forums and Vir website and no luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Ryath

Can't comment on putting the Virgin media modem in bridge mode but it should be easy add the extra points on the google home app.

How close together are the points? Though it shouldn't be an issue I have wifi down the garden 20m from the house with just two points!

Advertisement