Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World War 1 Death Plaque - Real or Fake

Options
  • 24-11-2021 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

I have been offered for sale a death /plaque/penny supposedly in respect of a relative who was a member of the Canadian Expeditionary Force and who died in France in 1917. I have only seen photos of it so far and I have no intention of parting with my money until I see in in the flesh. I have researched death plaques and it seems that the service number was never stamped on the plaque. On my relatives war records, it states the date the King's Scroll and the plaque were dispatched. There is a serial number included also. Is there any way I can tell whether this is the real thing or a fake? Also, if it is a genuine plaque, is there any way I can definitely say that it is my relative's name and not someone else with the same name? I can't say for certain if it is him and I can't say for certain that it isn't him.

Thanks in Advance

Advertisement