Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ram doesn't seem to be going to work

• 24-11-2021 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Put the ram with my ten ewes and hoggets last week. As i had done the ram effect i was hoping they would all come in heat. Had raddled the ram and on the first day one of the hoggets was marked and on the second day one of the ewes, problem and worry is nothing since in the last week.

Handled the ram after a few days and put my hand on the raddle and had no colour on my hand so thought maybe i hadn't put enough paint on, or that it might have dried up somehow. So applied more but unfortunately still no sign of any marks on any backs. Starting to worry now, the ewes had some ram lambs running with them that were full rams until i weaned them the first week in august, is there any chance the ram lambs could have tipped them already?

Comments

Advertisement