Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered Legion T7 from Lenovo Ireland - will I be stung for Import charges ?

Options
  • 24-11-2021 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Sick of waiting on a GPU - i bought a prebuilt from Lenovo (feels dirty) but we are where we are. I expected it was going to be shipped from the EU, but I can see its coming from the UK. Am I to expect a customs charge when it arrives ? I paid in Euro and the vat rate was correct for Ireland, but duty wasn't evident on point of sale.

Just wondering if anyone has ordered from them before and how they got on ? I assume customer service will be useless :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

There should be no duty and as you have paid Irish VAT from someone like Lenovo's Irish store (i.e. not some smaller operation for whom Ireland is not even an afterthought) you shouldn't have to pay anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ordered a tablet a couple of months ago. invoice had irish vat on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

thanks for the replies :) fingers crossed !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

update - machine arrived today. no taxes. very happy ! result.

Advertisement