Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Medical Cert and changes to VRT

Options
  • 24-11-2021 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of buying a new car and have a PMC which allows for VRT/VAT reduction up to max of €16k. The changes to the VRT mean that the car I'm looking at has VRT of €14k so there's only room to claim back a max of €2k on VAT. I will be unable to claim back the other €6k in VAT.

(when I last used the PMC to buy a similar new car, the breakdown was a full VRT rebate of €8.5k and VAT rebate of €7.5k - I only lost out on about €750 of a VAT reclaim because of the €16k ceiling)

Essentially, the Govt have increased VRT but not looked at the knock on impacts in areas such as the Primary Medical Cert.

Is anyone aware of any Disability Groups/TD's making noise about this?

Advertisement