Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Thanks. I would say that there is cheaper out there but from what I followed on here their work is well respected and that means a lot to me. I don't just want to let anyone up on the roof.

Hopefully if we book them and have extra funds nearer fitting date it will bring down the cost per kw installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 j98c

Hi,

May I please get some feedback on this quote:

6.7kWp system

Price (after VAT & grant): €11,000

Battery: Dyness 4.8kWh

Panels: Suntech 420W full black panels

Diverter: MyEnergi Eco-Smart

Inverter: Solis Hybrid Inverter

Included: Solis energy meter and EDDI immersion boost.

After around a month of searching, this seems to be the best quote I've received. Looking for a few opinions before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

doest seem to far off.. i got similar with givenergy invertor/9.5kw battery for around the same price after grant.. slightly larger kw at 7kw but i supplied the eddi myself as they didnt have stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5 j98c

When did you get quoted for this price? Seems like you got a good deal considering the price of batteries nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

Hi All,

I've gotten a quote that seems to tick most of the boxes, 10 x 405w panels & a Solis 3.6Kw invertor for €7483 less the grant grand total €5083. (I'm waiting on an updated quote for 12 panels)

Approx €3700 extra for hybrid invertor and 5.3Kwh battery, no eddi.

Only issue is that they aren't on the list posted up of installers others on here have used and not a huge amount of online reviews.

So, I think this is a good quote, but would be open to opinions/comments, especially regarding if battery is worth the extra? BTW tight for 12 panels, may have to stick with 10.

TIA

(NB next best quote is €6600 for same setup and I've priced 5/6 at this stage)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Have you got an E/W orientation? Otherwise it makes no sense to pair 4kWp of panels with a 3.6kW inverter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Try posting on the Facebook group ("Irish Solar PV & Battery systems owners group") and naming the installer there, others might have had experiences etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭westsidestory

Hi all, bit lost as only getting going on a house energy upgrade. Quote below is before VAT and grant and is provided by a 1-stop-shop.

Orientation is east-west in central Mayo with guy that provided quote mentioning a split of panels on east and west facing parts of the roof - is this normal or a viable option for the west of Ireland?

Solar PV – Design, Supply & Fit

4.62 Kwp 12 panel roof mounted system including all black panels, inverter and wi-fi monitoring. 

This price also includes:

A 5kwhr PureDrive Battery and an Eddie Hot Water Diverter

€15,500

• Advertisement

thats very expensive.. even if you are not including the 2400 grant you can get back..

re the east west split.. im the same in dublin... but you get more daylight in the west so you are winning :) but we might get more sunshine in the east! anyway ive only my system a few days and even on a sunny day like today its generating quite well from the east panels but i know the west facing ones wont get sun till nearly 4pm at which point it will be dark so i feel like they won't really kick into gear till the days are longer. I went with a 7kw system.. split about 60/40 east west.. already kinda regret not adding a few more panels to the back as i probably had room for 3 more but its fine.. on the battery front.. its a tricky one.. you need to know your current daily usage and then decide how you want to use the battery.. we ended up with 9.5kw battery which im happy with.. i can charge it at night with cheaper esb rates.. and discharge during the day along with any solar thats on offer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Adding in the vat at 13.5% and taking off the grant leaves it at 15100ish.

Here's someone else's quote, 5083+ 3700 for hybrid +battery = 8700, add in 2 more panels say at 300, that's still only at 10300.

Booster: if your happy with them, I'd say go for it. Maybe it's a firm just starting out and that's why they arent on the list.. maybe you'll put them on?

Running hypothetical numbers:

You'll most likely only get 4kwh out of the battery per day,

Using energias day/night (d/n days are numbered but I'd say it would be there at least 2 yrs) ev rate roughly 45 day/13 night (from the top of my head)

say 260 days from solar from solar.. 260*4*0.45 = 468 / yr

If you have a day night meter, you could charge at night, not taking losses into account here, eg it may take 5kwh to charge and only get 4 out.

Difference between the two rates is 32c

So by load shifting 100*4*0.32 = 128

596 per year.

You would also get Energia deemed export if on a day night which would roughly be about 200 euro.

If you weren't getting a battery, you could end up exporting about half your power, go on a smart meter so 2000 kwh which is €360

So in overall the battery is saving you 440 ish per year.

About,a 8-9 year pay back

Personally I love having a battery but everyone is different. It's a real nice to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭con747

A one stop shop will nearly always be more expensive going by previous quotes on here, that is close to 5k over priced.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

anyway ive only my system a few days and even on a sunny day like today its generating quite well from the east panels but i know the west facing ones wont get sun till nearly 4pm at which point it will be dark so i feel like they won't really kick into gear till the days are longer.

Your west panels will probably be producing from 11am onwards when the sun crests the apex of the roof. For example, here is the power from each string for me.....(East 1.3Kwp/West 3.8Kwp)

The inverter can chart when and how much each string is generating for you like above.

That's a big fat NO FECKEN WAY. Way over the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

Hi All,

thanks for the replies, apologies about incorrect info, the inverter was sized up from original quote to a 5Kw, so that should be OK(I'm SE orientation).

Im not sure if I can fit 12 panels(just hopeful!) if not it will be 10. Still not sure on the battery but thanks for the figures, Ill have to chew them over a bit to see if its worth it, but I do like the idea of having the battery and a small bit of independance from the grid!

Ill update how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Just got a payment of €137.12 from Energia for my "deemed" export. No notification or anything with it, just put into the bank. Don't know if I should be happy or sad..... No way to quantify what I have exported. 4.2kwp System in place since November 2019. Definitely have exported way more than I've been paid for, but it's something at least.

Well it's only counted from Feb this year.. and assuming your on day night, deemed export is all that you can get.

Have you though? Exported more than what the deemed export has paid you?

€137.12 @ €0.14/unit = 979 Kwhr

So you reckon you exported more than ~1mwhr ? (since feb)

Ahh no,... I meant from Nov.'19 to now. Somehow, I thought they were paying €0.18/unit, but whatever it is, it's a lot less than they sell it for. It's a night out for myself and the Missus.

• Advertisement

its a pity the string colours they use are so close together! here's mine from yesterday... i don't think im exactly east/west..

More like South East/North West that profile. Have a look on google earth.

It would appear that the sun doesn't break the apex of your roof for 1 of your strings. Either that or you have some shading on that string (maybe a chimney perhaps) which is taking down the output of the entire string. On the plus side, your getting some nice production there from your other string. It's unusual to get a relatively smooth curve this time of year. My own for yesterday (5.3Kwp split 3.8Kwp String 1 & 1.5Kwp String 2)

(Maybe we should continue this conversation over in the "troubleshooting" thread and not clog up the quotes thread?)

It is 18c/kwh.

But it didn't start until Feb of this year. Anything before that doesn't count.

Are you still with Energia? Are you on a smart meter? If not your export isn't measured.

Also what size is your inverter? That is what the deemed export is based on, not the size of your panels.

True it's €0.18 now, but that's a recent thing. Energia announced in July (was it?) that their FIT rate was €0.14, so I'm thinking that from Feb -> rate change in Sept/early October is that you'd get €0.14/Kwhr, and then from then on you'd get the higher rate, but the majority of that time would be at the €0.14 rate.

Considering the "bistromatics" that goes on with their accountancy systems, your guess is as good as mine as to what rate will actually be applied in that formula. :-)

Energia"s always has been 18c, they were one of the last to declare it.

Edit:

Although I think it's the esbn that calculates it, and the supplier just gets the kwh.

I'd be laying the any calculation errors on ESBN, (could it to do with it being out of date or a week or so behind?)

Ohh yes, your right Graeme - I was thinking of SSE (who i was with until Sept until I moved to Energia myself)

It's a 5kwh inverter, Day/Night meter, and no, I'm not with Energia since September. Now with BGE through onebigswitch.ie 33% off std rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paulom

Hi

Can I get an opinion on the below quotes please.

I presume people will advise against Huawei?

Vendor 2 is suggesting Eddi and battery, does that make sense?

Is there any benefit to 410w panels versus 370w panels other than less panels for approx 4kw system?

Thanks a million.

Vendor 1

• Install 10 No. 410W Jinko Solar Panels (4.10 kWp)
    • Supply & Install Sofar HYD-ES 4000 inverter and Sofar GTX4000 5.12kWh battery
    • €14,768.70 - 2400 = €12,368

Vendor 2

• 12 x 370w JA panels Monocrystalline = 4kwp system
    • 1x 5kw Solis inverter with wifi dongle 
    • 1 x 5.1kwh Dyness battery 
    • 1 x Eddi
    • €12,500 - 2400 = €10,100

Vendor 3

• Solar Panels - PEIMAR 4.44 kW Total Solar Power 12 x 370 Watt Panels (OR6H370M (FB)) 3,798 kWh per year
    • Inverter Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 4 kW Total Inverter Rating 1 x SUN2000-4KTL-L1
    • Battery Huawei 5 kWh Total Battery Storage 1 x Luna2000-5-S0
    • €15,500 - 2400 = €13,100

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Vendor 2 all day long.

• Advertisement

Second that, vendor 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement