Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Optimizers €60-100 per unit. So call it €600 for the 8 panels. Quote is still a pig. A big one at that :-)

Markrish, I haven't actually eyeballed your house, but I'd be surprised if you are limited to 8 panels. Seems a bit of nonsense that. Course it could be a super small roof, but most roofs can do 10-12. Can you post a picture, perhaps from Google earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 markrish

right !

was going to go with the lads up the road but now i dont know if they will get all the panels on the roof for my 5.9kwp

and the last thing i want is a bodged up job. i dunno 😩

Forgive me if I've lost track of you. So many people post and we reply that it's hard to remember who's done what. That said, there are some good suppliers out there, many of whom have a proven track record (more importantly) on this forum with a lot of satisfied customers, and even though a few of these installers are cheap (read good value), the quality of the installs and equipment is 1st rate.

So where did the 5.9Kwp come from?

Bottom row 2nd from left

haha ur grand,i posted yesterday

16 PANELS 370 WATT 5.92 KW JA SOLAR 

6 KW SOLIS HYBRID INVERTER

5 KW.PURE DRIVE BATTERY 

EDDI WATER DIVERTER

WI FI DONGLE 

PRICE 12900 EUROS 

GRANT 2400 EUROS APPLY TO SEAI

TOTAL 10500 EUROS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Yeah, I see the problem mate. Here it is with some dimensions.....and I've orientated it north (on top)

Your east facing roof is a little skuppered by the chimney. So if you have panels on that roof (your biggest single aspect), then they will probably need optimisers alright. The south facing one at the front then would be fine, but I don't see you getting more than 2-3 there.

It's definetely doable, but you might have to look at smaller panels. (your typical panel is 1m x 1.8m or there abouts, it does vary)

Be curious to see what others think.

Wow , thanks for that bullit, what do u see as a realistic number of panels fitting .

12*400W ?

what’s the highest wattage u can get out of a panel

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭thebackbar

hi, looking for some pms for installers in Galway please

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

The curse of hipped and perpendicular roofs! Standard small-ish 3 bed semi here. Maybe if we're lucky we can get 6 on the rear and 3 on the side. And huge triangular area that can't take panels :(

Could probably get 12 panels to the rear if was gable type roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

That quotes look quite keen. Could you pm the supplier details?

Very tentative, but maybe 12-13 panels in this config?

Bit dubious about the 5th one facing south and also dunno if you would have room for all 8 on the east one. (There are certain distances that have to be adhered to for the SEAI grant). The only other config I can think of, which is a little unusual is.....

The red one being 1x "string" wired in parallel, and the blue one being the 2nd string. It's an unusual config though and really the distances would have to be measured as it's not really possible to tell from a google earth snap, and the SEAI tolerances that they want to see too. I'd say you'll get 10-11 up there though. 12-13 at a push. Best bet talk to a supplier and see what they say. They understand these things better than I do as they do it for a living.

Thanks so much for ur input and time , yea I will do , might have to do with 12 so really .👍

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

"the blue one being the 2nd string. It's an unusual config though and really the distances would have to be measured as it's not really possible to tell from a google earth snap, and the SEAI tolerances that they want to see too. I'd say you'll get 10-11 up there though. 12-13 at a push. Best bet talk to a supplier and see what they say. They understand these things better than I do as they do it for a living."

SEAI tolerances vs panel size. The blue string could be 5 panels in a non-grant job. Maybe reconfigured to 3 portrait and 1 landscape or 4 small panels as is to comply with grant rules.

One house near me has 5 on the side ;) Every other house with PV only have 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭spose

Could stick a few on the shed in the back as a handy DIY project. Plenty of shade in winter I’m sure but wouldn’t cost you much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

My shed 4 has been the difference between car charging and not, or certainly car charging for decent periods of time. They are out of sunshine for pretty much all of Nov through Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The first few places to come and visit me said between 4 & 8 panels was all I could get.

Enniskillen crowd came out and quoted me for 14 which I thought was amazing (but also unrealistic)….. they ended up getting 17 panels on my roof….

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

370W JA Solar PV Panels/Modules X 15 5.92kW

5kW GivEnergy Hybrid Inverter

GivEnergy Battery Storage 10.4kWh

PVProtect / Shunt Switch

AC & DC Isolators

AC & DC Cable

Renusol Roof Mounting Kit

Electrical Installation

Roof Mounting Installation

Commissioning of System with Online Monitoring

€11,869.36 after Grant

id be interested if someone could PM me the name of the Enniskillen crowd to see if it’s the same as mine

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

can I have your thoughts on this, close to the €1k per kWh,

System size: 4KW - PV Panels – Jinko or Leapton - All black Panels.

Panel Mounting – Renusol

Inverter - Solis single phase 5G inverter.

Total cost: 7,900 including VAT.

SEAI Grant - €2,400

Price after grant - €5,500

Warranties - 25 years for both performance and panel, 10 years on inverter.

Whole system Workmanship warranty - 5 years.

Insurance – Included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

PM Sent.

That quote reads like something from a new car ad, where they list every single feature so that a big long list tries to make you feel like you are getting something exciting. Even when they list, items like, wheels, windscreen, seats... stupid stuff really, just to bulk it up.

Call then up and compare the prices. Let's know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Yeah they are quoting 50 to 60 a week but only have capacity for ten installs a week. I booked in at start of week and June is best they could offer. Backlog will really start to build

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Don't disagree, I'm only interested in PV, Battery and commisioning!

Interested in if the price is comparable though? I know they will haggle as my brother in law used them

Got p1ssed off with one guy who quoted me 9700 before the grant came in for my house and then 9500 after (5k batt and 4Kv PV) and when I challanged the 200 drop verus the 2400 grant he said all the costs have gone up, true in some respect but gouging also!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭boosabum

Just a note to say the guys from Enniskillen completed my installation on Tuesday. All done in a day and a very professional job. Came back the following day to talk me through the system. Think my two neighbors looked for a quote off them also when they saw the work going on. Good luck all who ordered off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Does the Irish mobile for the ‘Enniskillen lads’ end in 51?

If not, could someone pm me with their details please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 munsterlad1

Got installation completed last week, all done in 1 day , 6 man crew , very professional, very happy with the outcome . A special thanks to Maulbrook for advise and recomendation. I live in the mid west , pm me if anybody wants any more info .

18 Panels total output 6.84kWp (roof barely fitted the panels )

SOFAR 5 kW inverter.

DRYNESS 5.12 kW Battery

My Energi  Eddi, Harvi and Hub all included.

COST OF BER INCLUDED

Total cost after grant €9,819.83 ( Grant €3,000)

Glad it worked out so well for you. Happy to help. Martin is a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TumblingDice1

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Enniskillen lads are quoting for as far down as near Cork city? Any PM's of reliable installers in Cork/Munster region also greatly welcomed.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Sent a Cork installer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement