Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭con747

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Quick question on the general wait for installation time. Put down the deposit a few weeks ago and I was told June which was the longest wait of anyone I've gotten a quote from, about 12 weeks.

I've had to question a few little bits in the quote but that's been sorted. No though it seems the install might be pushed back to July or August (no changes made to system) which obviously I'm not overly happy about. So basically I was wondering what the normal wait for an install is these days. I'm reluctant to put the grant paper work through until I can get a commitment on an installation date

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Very much the same, guessing possibly the same crew. Deposit down a couple of weeks ago, installation scheduled for June. Not overly concerned about it as checked installation dates as part of looking for quote and the guys were up front about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Hi

Thanks for those that pm'd me, my problem is a friend of mine is looking for advice on pricing and quotes he has gotten as I had a similar system installed back in 2019, but I don't know how much pricing has changed

He's looking for 6kwp solar 5kwh battery eddi diverter and also potentially a car charger

His only quote so far is 12k after grant for a soltaro system with "german panels" and no eddi or car charger

The eddi is an additional 800 euro for an eddi with Harvi and hub.

That to me is very expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

If its the Enniskillen lads then take a ticket and join the queue. I know some smaller companies could turn it around in a month or less.

OK they will be more expensive so it's your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

Quote 1:

•   10 x 380w Q Cell panels 

•   Solis hybrid inverter 

•   Pylontech 5kwh battery storage 

•   Roof mounting equipment 

•   All labour works

•   All electrical testing and commissioning 

•   BER Certification 

€11,100 After Grant

----------------

Quote 2:

10 PANELS 400 KW 4KW. JA SOLAR 

5KW BATTERY PURE DRIVE 

5 KW SOLIS HYBRID INVERTER

WI FI DONGLE 

€9100 After Grant

-----------

Quote 3:

Supply and fitting of 8 panel Solar PV 2.96kw system, to include

8 x Peimar photovoltaic 370 watt pv panels

Producing 2,560kwhrs average per annum

Installed on front roof

Panels supplied with 25 year product warrantee

Industry award winning Huawei Inverter with 10 year warrantee

Wifi controlled system with 24x7 customer support

Fully installed and turnkey ready

€5800 After Grant (there is a energy supplier discount in there too)

Quote 3 does not have a battery and has less panels - they did a site survey and said 8 panels because two roof tile vents would have to be moved in order to get any more. I did ask for a quote for 10 and a battery but they pushed back in this because of the roof vents. Their advice was to try 8 first and see how we get on - then look at more panels and battery if we want in the future. I met them in person and they seemed genuine but I am not certain if that is the best advice or if they want the easier jobs.

Ah yeah I suppose an extra bit of a wait isn't that big of a deal as long as it doesn't end up being a six month push into the winter months. Not a complaint but just trying to gauge people experience with delays. I've other stuff going on in the house that I need to factor in which will be the difference between cable being hidden or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bb7

Hi folks

Appreciate if there are any more recommendations for installers in North Wicklow or if anyone used EI which are offering Sonnen battery as part of package of 4kwh panels and diverter for water please pm. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Confirming order today for an extra 4 panels. Increasing to 7.44kWp total. 50/50 S/W

Nice one, you should look at the 6kwh inverter from solis.

Currently awaiting a price on that. Not just for the additional capacity, but the charging power. The 5kW charges/discharges the batteries at around 3.5kW, the 6kW can do 5kW charge.

The the 5kw charge and discharge is very helpful. I would recommend one on a 4kwh system with a battery, combined they will output 6kwh easily.

I'm very impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 automatic_flare

16 PANELS 370 WATT 5.92 KW JA SOLAR - 

5KW SOLIS HYBRID INVERTER - 

5 KW PURE DRIVE BATTER 

EDDI WATER DIVERTER

PRICE 12500 EUROS 

GRANT 2400 EUROS APPLY TO SRAI 

TOTAL 10100 EUROS.

Formula give me a rough guideline of:

Panels - 5920 * 1.1 = 6512

5kWh Battery - 2500

Diverter - 500

Formula Total = 9512 approx

My quote is about 3k overpriced in that case @bullit_dodger ? My only question is the inverter?

Also got a quote from a crowd near Clondalkin which was coming in 18 panels at nearly 16k...

Do you or @MAULBROOK have any recommendations (Blessington/Baltinglass areas of Wicklow)

Thanks again folks.

Your quote is only €588 above the formula. Formula applies to post grant price which in your case is €10,100. Minus €9,512 = €588.

I know a company but they are not going to beat that quote.

I will send the name anyway.

I will say up the inverter to 6kwh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭tech

just been getting a few quotes lately

What do these sound like?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Regular readers/writers will know who's who simply from the equipment, but the 6.2kwp or the 7.2Kwp ones would be the pick of it. I guess a little though depends on the size of your house and your consumptions. Yes, in general going large on the panels is the way to go (esp as EV saturation will only increase in the next 5 years), but you want to have an eye on "fit-for-purpose" too....no sense in ridiculously over specc'ing, but if you have the space and the money, 7.2Kwp all day long.

thanks this is my usage for the last 2 years

Day 3291 units

Night 1601

Year Total - 4892

Day - 4348

Night - 1817

Year total - 6165

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bb7

Hi Tech,

thanks for posting, could you PM me the 6.2 and 7.2Kw installers.

much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

National average is about 4000-4500 units per year. So, you're a bit above that. To be honest, the 6.2kwp will see you fine on your existing consumption, but considering your usage and the fact that we'll all be driving electric vehicles of some description (if you don't already have one or are planning in the short term) and your not "stuck" for it. I'd go for the 7.2Kwp myself - but you won't be struggling in the short term with 6.2Kwp.

What happens is that in summer, we all have loads. Way more than we need (in general), but the bigger capacity works for you on the marginal months (say Feb or November) and means that you are less likely to import from the grid during those months.

What's your orientation of the roof?

thanks was thinking same for 7.2KW system, roof is south facing

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

had the Ennsikillen lads out today, and they think they could get 12 panels between the East and West roof,

12 PANELS 370 KW 4.4KW. JA SOLAR 

5KW BATTERY PURE DRIVE 

5 KW SOLIS HYBRID INVERTER

WI FI DONGLE 

€8100 After Grant

no need for an diverter, based on the formulae its €4840 + €2500 so €7340, so about €700 over the rough guide, has anyone had any joy knocking a few more Euro off the quote, or is it just suck it up given the demand.

Should I look for a bigger inverter, maybe the 6KW one,

They also said would bring additional panels and if they could fit would be about €250 a panel, how does this sound.

There's not much room for haggling these days, and they're in high demand so even less likely. But no harm in asking.

Back when I had my install it was €200 per extra panel installed, but that was a 310w panel and it was more than 18 months ago. So I'd say €250 extra installed on the day for a 370w panel nowadays is a reasonable price.

I wouldn't say you really need the 6kW. Even if they squeeze in another 2 panels you're still only at just over 5kWp. What's the charge rate for the Solis with the Puredrive battery?

Thats as good as your going to get i would say.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Both 5kW and 6kW are 100A, so no difference on that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭vmware

the 18 Panels 7.2 KW system seems like good value with 6kw Hybrid invertor and 5kw Battery, Who gave you this quote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Blarney_man

Looking for quite a simple system. S-SE roof 12 panels (4-ish KW) and garage roof W 6 panels (2-ish KW). Eddi+Zappi. No need for battery as both working from home and excess will go to the car which will be connected the most of the days during the most productive hours. I would like to monitor the system via app so probably hub needed? No trees or shades around, sun hitting S-SE roof first thing in the morning and hits W panels until very very late in the evening. Willing to take an honest advice, am I planning to go too big? Don't know my full consumption yet, but it will be big-ish I'd say. What am I looking at € wise here? Anyone willing to price it from Cork area?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement