Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 superemote

Original quote16 PANELS 370 WATT 5.90 KW JA SOLAR 5KW HYBRID SOLIS INVERTER 5KW PURE DRIVE BATTERY EDDI WATER DIVERTER WI FI DONGLE PRICE 11000 EUROS INC VAT GRANT 2400 EUROS APPLY TO SEA No ber

8600 after grant

On the day they arrived with 18 330w panels instead and thanks to the great advice here I asked them to bring extra. So upgraded to 6kw inverter and twenty 330w panels.. 6.6kwp east/west 4.6kwp east and 2kwp west, plan to heat 300 liter joule tank and charge battery from east side. All 6 panels on the front have optimizers. I will have to pay extra for two additional 330w panels, upgrade from 5 to 6kw inverter and 6 optimisers, how much extra? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 trelkrub

Got two quotes in the last 24 hours, and on the back of these I did some furious googling which eventually brought me here.

1)

10 panel 370W panels (E/W split), huawai inverter, eddi boost

8185 including the ~200 for me to arrange a ber afterwards (total before discounts 10995)

2)

10 panel 410 panels, solis inverter, eddi boost

€4000 post grant

This one appears to be a scam. Its why I created an account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Definitely the Dyness is rated for 6000 cycles i think and the Puredrive is rated for 10000 cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 superemote

Thanks maulbrook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 trelkrub

Yep. Second one has a litany of folks complaining about deposits missing via online reviews and a lack of anything being delivered.

Very smooth operator so nearly got me..

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

Finding it hard to get what feels like good value quotes. Despite long conversations and detailed discussions. Each one is telling me their components are far superior quality and dissing the others! It seems the SolarEdge is top quality? How does sunsynk, huawai, leaptron etc. compare though?

Q1

System size 4.86 kWp

12x 405w Q.Peak duo Qcell panels (~3000e)

Huawai Sun2000 hybrid inverter

Eddi

Battery 4.8 kWh (~5000e)

Total 15500

Less grant 13100

Q1a - no battery

System size 4.8 kWp

12x 405w Q.Peak duo Qcell panels

SolarEdge inverter

SolarEdge diverter

Total 10500

Less grant 8100

Q2

System size 4.86 kWp

12x 405w ga-solar panels

SunSynk 5kWh hybrid inverter

Eddi

5 kWh SunSynk Battery

Total Quote 13427

Less grant 11027

Without battery 8027

Q3

System size 4.8 kWp

12x 400w Leapton tier1 panels

Solis hybrid inverter

Eddi

4.8 kWh Dyness battery

Total Quote 12350

Less grant 9950

Without battery 6950

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

@fuse

They're telling you that their components are superior in an attempt to justify scandalous pricing. There is very little, if any, real difference in the kit. Yes some have a little better efficiency etc but nothing that justifies the huge price bump.

Q1 - about €4k too expensive

Q1a - still about €1.5k too expensive. Outrageous that they're trying to charge you €5k for a 5kWh battery. Should be half that.

Q2 - about €2.5k too expensive

Q3 - not too bad, but still about €1k high

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

Thanks for the reality check - will try a few more see if I can improve on Q3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

my third quote

from a one stop shop

4kw system

inverter

5kw battery

eddi

€16900

less grant €2450

To pay €14450

My jaw is still sore from the floor.

And people were saying quote two was too dear !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Corradobri

Hi,

Considering solar pv for my home and have got a few quotes in , roof space is not an issue so can oversize a system ,also considering an ev vehicle so want to avail of solar array charging during the day where possible. i am not geting an eddi as i have already got 3 solar to water panels for HW along with a solid fuel stove with back boiler .

With this in mind here are some quotes i have got so far. all quotes are after the grant is claimed.

5.92kwp system .

16 x 370w solarwatt panels

Solax X1 5kw hybrid inverter

Solax 4.5kw battery

12795 euro.

6.56kwp system.

16x 410 watt Jinko panels

Huawei 6kw hybrid inverter

Huawei 5kw battery.

13650 euro . same system without battery 8650 euro .

7.38kwp system[ from same company as no2}

18x 410 watt jinko panels

Huawei 5kw battery.

14450 euro . same system without battery 9450 euro

4.8kwp system,

12x400w REC panels

Huawei 5 kw hybrid inverter

Huawei 5kw battery

13500 euro . same system without battery 10300 euro.

@Corradobri they're all absolute muck.

All for the bin but at least you are doing your homework. Keep on trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

current daily usage average is 16 kw, however we will be adding an EV later next year and charging that night.

Stats on usage, despite my best efforts to change mindsets, are:

nightime -21%

off peak - 67%

peak - 12%

two systems quoted as attached, 6kw with battery is €15.18 k and without battery but including Eddi is €11k.

question, apart from blackouts, what else would you need the battery for.

is the size system overkill but it is a 4 bed detached. Could be sending a lot into the grid?

given future EV, which system looks adequate

many thanks for the inputs

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭BoxerX

I would say they're pretty good quotes, especially in today's climate.

Battery question difficult to answer in light of Clean Export Guarantee (Feed in Tariff). Unless they fit a changeover switch, battery power is not available during a power outage. Battery gives you power when your solar cannot, and that can be at any time your house requires more than the solar can provide. It can also be charged at night on a night tariff allowing you to store low cost power.

In time, when we know what the CEG tariff is, batteries might not be viable as the grid could end up being your battery. You have to factor in what you get paid for your exports versus the cost of the battery plus future cell replacement, your usage and your age. Turned out if we went for a battery, we're unlikely to recoup the outlay due to our age, and that was three from three quotes said that. It's really important to do the maths before deciding, but difficult when only one electricity company has announced their CEG tariff (Pinergy: 13.5c).

Also, some EV can act as a battery, might be worth checking the one(s) you have your eyes on have that feature, or not before deciding.

In what regard? Quality of hardware /Price or both ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 darjon110

Hi All

Ive been creeping on this thread for a while now to get as much info as possible about Solar PV

I created an account just for some feedback on quotes I have received over the last 2 weeks

Could ye throw an eye on this and give me some feedback please

House is a dormer bungalow south facing

Bills average out currently at €360 per 2 months

I will be pulling the trigger on this system in the next 2 weeks

Quote 1

12 x 405w Panel (Jinko) 4.8kw output

Huawei Sun Inverter

Eddi water diverter

BER

Before grant €11802 - After €9402

Quote 2

13 x 380w panel (peimar) 4.9kw output

Solis inverter

Eddi Water diverter

BER

Before Grant €7950 after €5550

Quote 3

18 x 370w panel 6.6kw output

Solis Inverter

Eddi Water diverter

BER

Before Grant €12800 - After €10400

The first company were a Cork based crew and did a lot a crap talking about the Peimar and Solis equipment "if you bought your panels off Wish.com" type of stuff. This really puts me off companies like this but as I'm not by any means a solar panel expert I have to bite my lip

I am waiting on 1 more quote but I have a feeling it will be similar to no 3

Any feedback advice is welcome

Is there any questions that I need to ask to get as best info from these guys as possible?

Cheers Darjon

Again solely on price is it or hardware also? i have got a few more quotes over the phone and they are not substantially lower than any of the above but are pending site visit and assessment.

All of the above companies are citing increased operational and material costs over the last few months along with limited supply of hardware ?

A couple of these quotes are from recommended companies listed on here too.

Post edited by DrPhilG on

Prices all way too high. Contact all the companies in the installer thread. I know for a fact that you'll get better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Solis is probably the most installed inverter in the country.

With the 4k difference in you'd be able to replace the panels over and still be in the black!

Every time I see a quote with a Huawei inverter it's always expensive.

Thanks for the feedback. two quotes above are from companies listed on here .i have contacted all the rest on the list and should have more quotes in by the weekend hopefully!

Going by the formula in the FAQ thread i didnt think this quote without battery was,nt too far out? The battery is a rip off at 5k no doubt!

7.38kwp system[ from same company as no2}

18x 410 watt jinko panels

Huawei 5kw battery.

14450 euro . same system without battery 9450 euro

So 9450/ 7.38 = 1280 per kwp. i could probably coax that figure closer to 9K if i haggled hard i think. Thats with jinko high wattage panels and Huawei hybrid inverter too .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭con747

AFAIK the Huawei inverter only works with Huawei battery so will limit you if you want to add a battery in the future. Huawei components are overpriced for what you can get elsewhere IMO. The only problem now is batteries and everything else are getting harder for installers to source with the severe rise in demand.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭vistaphotos

Quote 1

12 Panel PV System - 360 Watt Panel - 4.3kW System

Hybrid Inverter

5kWh battery

€12200 pre grant / €9800 post grant

Reckon it should be closer to numbers in https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119196309#Comment_119196309 but very new to the topic so all feedback welcome. In Cork if that makes any odds.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ACCAman

I have received the below quote in Dublin for a 3 Kw system and am interested to see if it's competitive:

8 X 375 watt panels

3Kw hybrid inverter (No brand given)

Solar iBoost for hot water

€10,500 less grant €2,100=€8400

Look at the post above yours it is close to what you should be paying but has haggle room left and has a battery. Your quote is way over the odds. Look at the solar as a service company listed on the installers page if that is as many panels you can fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

House sale finally gone through so can pull trigger on install.

Could someone repost the excel sheet with the system details, suppliers, and prices people have ended up paying?

guessing with inflation nobody is managing to achieve 1,000e/KWh?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Incredibly, you'd possibly do €1k per 1kWp if you just hired a sparks and a roofer and did the job without the grant and assuming the sparks would get the kit at trade prices

• Advertisement

Try and get any of those trades now, hens teath

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement