Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Any reasonably priced companies do site visits ? Had a zoom call with one and would like to see if can fit more panels than he said was the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Curiousness99

Should be able to do better, I've a quote for the same price as 1. But 20 panels, same battery and 6kW inverter (no ber but should be got for €200 or €300)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Yep sometimes the smaller the setup the price is higher. Keep on looking

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭vistaphotos

Thanks. Working on it. What I've got so far is no better, but need to make some more calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Markbro1

I spoke with the Enniskillen chap on Monday and sent on details for a quote.

I'm still waiting.....I think it is too busy out there at the moment for great quotes given the demand. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Corradobri

if its who i think it is im waiting almost two weeks for a quote from them , ive moved on ..

So given some of the recents posts on the pro,s and con,s of system power vs battery storage capacity i have a question .

i have my quotes narrowed down to two contractors ,they are basically neck and neck in pricing terms ,

However system 1 has a slightly larger array power 6.48 kwp 16 x 405W) but with a 5.3 kw battery( weco 5k3) .Solis 6kw inverter

system 2 has a lower array power of 6.0 kwp ( 16 x 375 kwp with a larger battery 7.2kw ( 3 x dyness 2.4kw) SunSync 6kw inverter

What would be best in terms of production , storage capacity and expansion of batteries and inverter quality ? Its my only quote out of 12 to mention a sunsync inverter ,are they good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭paddyman

Hi guys,

This might be of interest to some people. I am getting quotes for work done on a detached bungalow in Wexford via ***** programme. They are able to give extra grants that you cannot get yourself individually for insulations, heat pumps etc.

One of the works they quoted me for is for solar panels. Their partner is *****. This is all the itemization the quote had for the solar. No battery advertised in the quote....

I am guessing others will get similar quotes via *****.

Solar PV – Design, Supply & Fit

4.02 Kwp 12 panel roof mounted system including all black panels, inverter and wi-fi monitoring.

This price also includes an Eddie Hot Water Divert.

€10,266.08 + VAT - Grant.

So im calculating €11,651 - €2400 = €9251.

This seems very expensive to me....

MOD edit - no naming suppliers please, even the crap ones.

Post edited by DrPhilG on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

@paddyman

No naming installers, tis the rules.

• Advertisement

That's daylight robbery!

Thanks, working through the list. As others mentioned hard getting quotes back in a timely manner 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 12 trelkrub

If this is also who I suspect, I got a series of random messages from them that went nowhere. I figure they are up the walls.

Did get a response from a company who I didnt hear a peep from in the last 24 hrs so you never know

Fyi, I Ended up asking somebody here who got a great quote from their provider, however I ended up getting a fairly terrible quote (so many strings attached) from the same place.

Prices for a 10/12 panel system with a e/w spilt, an eddie and no battery seem to be settling on 6.9k to 7.8k range. This is based on four quotes, 2 do the paper work and 2 dont. This also includes a quote soured by marketing gimmic discounts

Best quote i got is also the only one that included 12 panels

Quote 1: €10482 after grant inc. VAT. 4.32kWp, 5.0kWh battery, Ergocell inverter, Eddi

Quote 2: €12410 after grant inc. VAT. 5.32kWp, 4.8kWh battery, Solis inverter, Eddi 

Quote 3: €10894 after grant inc. VAT. 4.80kWp, 2.4kWh battery, inverter, Eddi

Am I getting stupid quotes or misunderstanding the formula?

€1.2k per 1kWp in panels + €1K per 2kWh in battery + €550 (diverter/Eddi) = Rough price to pay.

Quote 1: €8234

Quote 2: €9334

Quote 3: €7510

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Colm82

With the huge increase in prices even for the ones previously good value companies I don't understand why more are not going the saas route. I've got 11 panels so a 4.1kw system with an eddi for 49.50 per month for 10 years. I had to do some haggling but not overly so - it works out as about 5,900euro over the 10 years and I could pay off in one go if I can afford it in the future. Is there a reluctance to go this route for others?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

From my experience getting quotes I'd say the 3 are on the high side alright.

But with demand as it is right now, battery prices being up also, you'd be doing well to hit the calculated targets but I'd defo be aiming to get a bit closer to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

Interesting - I've not even entertained the idea of doing it this way. Trying to avoid any more subscription models! But it does sound decent when you break it down.

Do you own the setup outright after the 10 years? Can you modify the system over time, add panels, battery etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭con747

You own the system after 10 years but afaik they supply an inverter that is not battery compatible so you would need a hybrid inverter to add one. There is a company listed on the installers page of the forum that do it.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Colm82

Can definitely increase panel number in the future wither with the same company, other company or DIY. My installers told me my inverter was oversized to take more but I didn't ask how many. As con747 said yes you own the system after 10 years but the inverter they install is not battery compatible. That's not to say they dont have that type of requested but it wasn't something that interested me at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Scoopsire

Thanks @DrPhilG - they knocked 600 off without too much haggling I just pointed out what I missed out on and that I thought the original amount off the bill needed to be upped.....so v happy with that.

Just need to get my battery building hat on now, been procrastinating about it a fair bit to put it mildly!!!

Post edited by Scoopsire on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

Hi

Just got his quote from installer in the north. Interested in peoples opinion on it. It seems to match up quite well with the guide of 1200 Euro per KW for panels. Install estimate is October/November time frame.

16x 345w JA panels Monocrystalline => 5.5kwp system

1x 5kw Solis inverter with Wi-Fi dongle.

1x Eddi water diverter

Does not include BER post install

7600 Euro After Grant

I am not sure about the battery and if it is worth it or not. I did get the inverter so I could add it in the future but not sure if I should get it now or at a later stage. I have asked them to quote for the battery and see what that comes in at.

Appreciate any feedback on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭con747

If it's who I think it is a battery will be about €2500, try get the PureDrive I think it's a better option. Try haggle a bit off the quote if you can, but it's not bad and everything is scarce now. I think that installer was waiting on a delivery of those 345w panels due in this month.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah price is good. If its who I think, I had that installer in the attic today upgrading the inverter.

He has a few calls around Donegal today. Busy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

Quick question. 1) What's a fair price for supply and fit per extra panels? In Dublin with a midlands provider. 320w solar watt panels (I know they are smaller than I'd like + expect but that'll all he uses / can supply). Install finally on this week and I've asked them to bring spares to see if more can fit.

2) And roughly how long per extra panel to install? Like 15mins, 30mins, an hour... per panel. Then I can suss our rough labour costs.

Midsummer Renewables showing €201 retail to me for 360w (smallest wattage available) - supply only of course. Plus my supplier gets a discount of course when he orders in bulk from whoever supplies him. Solar Watt seem a dearer panel so probably closer to one of the higher prices on midsummer (which I've used here).

3) Any idea what sort of rate suppliers are paying for panels when they order in bulk? As in is my €200 panel costing them €100? Back of envelope os close enough. Or even what discount % a supplier gets off of the likes of midsummer. Though I know everyone is hammered on shipping costs at mo.

Ta for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

It's pointless knowing the costs that installers pay, or how long it takes. Bank on €500 or so per panel installed. You have no control over the costs or time of the installer. Your only choice is to accept their price or find another supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kvnt

I have solar watt panels installed and the company I used were charging me 350 for each additional panel. I asked a few times for extra panels but when they came they just installed the orginal quote. Once they had the orginal sale they didnt care about extra panels. I guess they had enough money made.off me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

€500 a panel sounds about right championc, if it was adding to an existing system.....but I think DC999's question was more about the price extra for a panel on the day of the initial install.

I'd reckon €250 a panel is probably closer to the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

Thanks gang, yeah was asking about extra panels on install day. I'm gonna go with €250 as a rough figure. Cheers all

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Got my first quote today.

10 panels (split over S and E facing), 3.8kw total.

Solis inverter

4.8kWh battery

€11500 after the grant. Not impressed with that anyways.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement