Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Sorry. the 8565 has no battery. Just panels, eddie and zappi. Zappi is the guys of €1200 of that though. Probably a bit on the higher side, but tbh, everything is. Another less respected crowd, but well know company, quoted €9600 without a zappi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Most companies will do a Zappi for about that, and if you can use a screwdriver, you can buy and install an Eddi.

So 3600 + 2000 is still a huge way off 8565

The prices you've shown will possibly take in excess of 15 (nearer 20 years) to repay.

Anyway, that's my opinion

Appreciate it. Looking at other quotes for that size system.

Thoughts on the quote for the battery system I mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Lob1

Hi All

i have a Huawei SUN2000 5 KTL L1 surplus to requirement after my diy install. It’s still in the original sealed box. Where would the best place be to advertise it for sale. VAT invoice available.

Purchased the Huawei in case my original choice of inverter did not arrive on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

You mean the top quote you pasted in maybe a page back ago? Looks good to me but I don't know battery prices.

10 X 345kWp JA Mono panels = Works out as 4.1k based on multiplier of 1.2k per kwp (which is lower than I managed to get)

Tethered Zappi = 1.5k in my view for supply and fit. I got 1.8k quote supply and fit. And my installer was 1.5k for it. 975 (starting price) to buy from myenergi website - it's not a self install

5.1kWh dyness battery = Works out 4k when I add minus 9565 from the 2 numbers above. So that's under the 1k per 1kwh rule of thumb here

€11800 total - ~€2235 solar grant = €9565 Why is grant only 2235? It's 600 for car charger on SEAI site. And same site says '€2100 for 3kWp solar panels'. So it's 2700 of a grant. Which takes it to 9.1k after grant.

If you want the Eddi, get them to give you a price for it. 535 to buy direct yourself so that gives you a benchmark plus 1-2 hours labour. Takes 1 hour of a setup maybe from what I've heard. I don't have one. Way less work for them than the Zappi install. It's basically a 'smart' immersion. Also need a myenergi hub afaik but that's only 30 quid ish and very quick to connect up. 'Plug and play' job that connects to your router and 'talks' to Zappi and Eddi (if they don't have the new build in hub).

No mention of size of invertor they supply and you likely want to include some capacity in it in case you've more space to add panels in the future.

If budget allows see can they install more panels on the day (agree the price ahead of time) assuming there is capacity in the invertor and roof space facing the right ways. That worked for me - used all the small roof space we have.

I think that's a good price overall. Pick 1 you're happy with and pull the trigger and get the deposit down. You've gotten heaps of quotes (which is good) so know yourself how to compare them now I guess.

• Advertisement

I've already got a car charger, so no €600 grant this time. Zappi install is probably a bit cheaper than 1.5k, given the cable and RCBO are there already.

I wasn't sure did the SEAI pay out per 1kWp of solar, or do the do a pro rata basis. ie. If I get 3.5kWp do I get €900 per 1kWp up to 2kWp, and then €300 per kWp up to 4kWp, ie €300*1.5. Or do they just say 3.5kWp, that's 3kWp of grant you're getting??

I did think the battery rule of thumb was €1k per 2kWh of battery, not "1k per 1kwh rule of thumb". Either way, I think it's the best I can do. I estimate about a 15 year payoff, but less if energy prices go up.

5kW solis inverter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 corkcath

Hi all, I was quoted €7000 for a 6 panel 2.4kwh system (no battery) with immersion diverter. This is inclusive of the grant. Does this seem reasonable? Based in Cork and annual energy usage is ~2400-2600KWhr. Hoping to use solar energy primarily for heating water as use gas currently for hot water in taps and upstairs shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭con747

Bin that, it's way to expensive. Look at the installers sticky for better options.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

So a 2.4kWp will generate about 2000kWh per year. With no battery, you will likely use maybe 60% of it.

2000 x 60% x 25c per unit = €300

So 23.33 YEARS to payback !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Anyone know the average electricity usage for a new A rated house with heat pump?

• Advertisement

You'd expect it to be low. Look to install about 3 - 4kWp of panels, and double that in batteries if the budget allows. That will give you a high self use with not much wastage

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This is a final quote I got for a system. Now with battery.

14x410 panels

6kw inverter

Eddi diverter

5.3kw battery

12.2k excl 2.4k grant so about 9800 EUR. 7.3k without battery.

Is it worth a high input battery that matches maximum panel output? Or does it make more sense for a smaller battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MTK_1966

My installers are due later this week. I was thinking of suggesting an extra few panels if they think it is feasible. But I really do not know what the realistic price per extra panel installed is. I am getting JA Solar 470W. So question is, if I add a panel how much am I likely to pay for the extra panel?

Not sure exactly (new to the game) but it'll be much less than asking them to come back in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

During my install I paid an extra €200 per panel. The only people to be able to give you an accurate figure on what they are charging is your installer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I paid €200 per panel for late additions, may be more now though as I was getting 310w panels and it was 2 years ago.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

€250 per (JA 345Wp) panel was going rate last September from my installer, so I'd expect that to have gone up a bit by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭con747

Ask them to put extra panels in the van in case they can fit more, then negotiate the price on site and you should get a reasonable price. You have better bargaining power when it's on site and a quick add on, I would be surprised if the installer played hard ball on a few extra panels on the day.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Thanks con747 and all who replied,

Of course I meant to say JA370 (and not JA470W panels).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 superemote

Paid 250 per extra panel Ja 330 about 2 months ago.

Very happy I did as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That’s an excellent price for a system very close in size to mine which I paid €8,800 for last October… and since then the battery grant has ceased.

Excellent price.

ive a 5kWh battery. -‘d wouldn’t want to have anything smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Definitely ask them to have extra panels in the van…. They probably will anyway if I know who it is (The JA gives them away)…

when they installed my system the guy (who is now retired) said they’d bring more on the day to see if they could fit them as my remit was fit as many as you can fit on my roof…

they quoted me for 14 panels but ended up getting 17 on my roof. Get as many installed at the outset as you can, you will not regret it. So much easier to install now than a few years down the line when the same spec panels might not be around anymore…

Sounds like the installer i'm going with. Oddly enough, when he removed 2 panels from our quote, and added a zappi, the difference (without the zappi cost) was €300. Might keep that old quote in my back pocket if on install day we can get those extra 2 panels in.

Might have a difficult time applying for the grant. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

14 x 340W JA Panels (4.7wp system)

Solis 5kw hybrid inverter

5.1 kWh Dyness battery

EDDI diverter

€11,300 (€8,900 after grant of €2,400)

Panels split between SW (8) and NE (6) facing. Have been told to expect around 400-500kwh per month during the summer. The house uses about 220-250kwh per month at that time.

We currently have panels for the water that will need to be removed to fit the above so keen to maximise the hot water output, otherwise we’d be trading an electricity bill for a gas bill during the summer. But we also have an EV and only getting the charger next week. So struggling to figure out if the battery is worth getting or not. Roughly how many kWh per month would be required to heat the water (big standard 3 bed semi)?

DON'T get rid of the Solar Thermal.

It's about 80% efficient vs 20% for PV. In other words, you'll need over 4 times the space in PV compared to the space occupied by the Solar Thermal, to generate the same amount of heat into the water.

Rethink you plan. Move them if plonked symmetrically in the middle of the roof

Yeah that’s a real point of discussion at moment. The thermals make a big difference to the PV output overall given their placement. Moving them isn’t much of an option given the layout of the roof overall unfortunately. I’ve been given enough info at this stage though that I think I can work it all out. I think….

Is SE or E not an option ?

Not with the aspect of the house. Front of the house is SSW and back is ENE. There’s nowhere else to fit panels.

I’m going to use that europa link from another thread to estimate what I can get by keeping the thermals and getting rid. I know my usage well enough to start to gauge what that means.

I’m assuming the quote is decent enough for what it is though? It includes getting rid of the editing panels.

• Advertisement

Have the feed in tariff prices been announced yet, and the dates form which they will apply?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement