Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for new DMR Radio TYT 380

• 24-11-2021 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I recently bought one of these radios to get into Digital Radio (Listening only as I have no licence ATM) however I am finding setting it up abit overwhelming. I understand there are RDT files that can be shared to include talk groups repeaters etc and can be transferred to the radio via the software. Would anyone be willing to share an RDT file to get me started in this - I'm not sure if this is allowed so please delete if not appropiate.

Thanks!

Comments

Listen only without a DMR ID ? not sure but you can listen to the Brandmeister hoseline here, select player on the top right of the screen and select your talk group, very convenient, give you an idea what to expect.

Code Plugs are very complicated to setup, it takes a long time to perfect and using another code plug for another radio from another country even for the same radio is useless because it won't have any of the frequencies you want or probably even the channels and you'll end up spending more time editing out the crap you don't want and then more time making it the way you want it.

If you intend to get a hotspot it's a lot easier or if you program just one repeater because if you want multiple repeaters you're going to have to program in every frequency and every talk group for every repeater, it's a complete mind f1ck.

Fusion is absolutely the easiest to use, you just input the repeater or hotspot frequency, press wies-x and you're online, simple as it should be and you can easily store the channels you use in memory, all very simple.

I have the anytone 878 and openspot 3 and can use the anytone on DMR, D-Star and Fusion all from 1 radio but it requires a lot more work to perfect the code plug to be able to use the special features of the Openspot 3 which is an expensive but fantastic hotspot.

An even simpler way again if you get the license is to get BlueDV for Windows or Android and use a DVMEGA DVSTICK 30 dongle, by far the easiest and cheapest way to get on the air and the windows version is just great.

work on getting the license, it's well worth it, very rewarding hobby especially on HF, digital is handy when HF isn't such as in the car or bad conditions or on holiday etc.

I remember when I got the Chameleon MPAS 2.0 Portable antenna and first night contacted Brazil from a 17 foot vertical, well, you can imagine the feeling, then some time later made contact with Chap in Australia, I was amazed, 17 foot antenna and 100 watts of RF power 😁

All the info you need to pass the exam is on the IRTS website, you don't need to go anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Malmsteen

As Madlad has said best way to listed is via the Hoseline as you will need a DMR Id to set the radio up properly... and to get that you need a license... hope this helps and Madlad is exactly right in his above post....

Advertisement