Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best night rate for electric car charging?

Options
  • 24-11-2021 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

So, we're apparently getting a smart meter installed tomorrow. I was looking at electric prices and smart meter ones seem to be more expensive that a day/night meter.

Considering we have solar panels and a zappi charger for the car, I want the cheapest night rate going for the electricity.

Why is a smart meter night rate much more expensive than a day/night meter?

I can't see any benefit to a smart meter, just an opportunity to charge extra at peak times. Am I wrong there?

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PilotHole

You're right,

you don't have to take the smart meter.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Make the smart choice and avoid the "Smart" meter. Then go to Bonkers.ie and see what the best deal is.

Advertisement