Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Economic Times - Our Subjective Views

Options
  • 24-11-2021 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am new to boards.ie so forgive me if there is something on this already. I am trying to start conversations about our subjective experiences of the economy. The idea is to have people express their subjective experience without being told by other posters about the "objective reality".

My own experience is on disability allowance for paranoid schizophrenia. Holes in my clothes. Can't afford new clothes. Would be homeless were it not for my partner.

I'm hoping that people express their own finance situation - again with no one lecturing them about "objective reality". it's sort of in the spirit of critical theory.

Thanks for your attention.

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

<Delete>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

I've moved your thread to the Economics forum Sunshine 101 as I think this is a better fit for it. Please bear in kind the local Charter now applies.

Thanks

HS

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

welcome to the forum, im unsure exactly what you re hoping from this, im autistic myself, and im lucky to have disability supports, but its extremely disturbing to see how badly people with disabilities are treated in ireland. financially im perfectly fine myself, im able to meet most of my needs, currently my accommodation needs are also perfectly fine, but im aware of some with disabilities that are far from fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sunshine 101

Thanks for your response, Wanderer78. My aim is to try to get us away from the "master narrative" in our heads about the economy. Too often the master narrative becomes our objectivity that we bark at one another to shut one another down. So we tell one another to just shut up and get with the objective reality about the economy which i believe is a totally phoney objectivity. So i'm trying to move people towards telling their own subjective stories with the view to establishing more empathy, just like what the critical theorists have done around race. Thanks again for your post.

Advertisement