Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM upgrade as a present

Options
  • 24-11-2021 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

DS got himself a HP Pavilion gaming desktop in January as he got fed up trying to get components at a decent price and it worked out more or less the same. Has been working away on it all year and is still happy with it. However it only has 8GB RAM so was going to get him 16GB for Christmas. The email record I have says "8 GB DDR4-SDRAM". Online specs say "8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)". It has 10th gen Intel i5. Will any 16GB DDR4-SDRAM fit in there? (2 x 8GB) or do I need to try and sneak onto it while he's not around and look for further information? Was looking at this one, just as an example

Actually not that as don't need RGB as not a transparent case, but that idea?

Would prefer to buy Irish, is Elara the place to go?

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭brcwatters

Thanks! DRAM vs SDRAM, - don't need to worry about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Neat idea, though RAM is not the most exciting component in a PC it certainly makes a difference to performance. We bought our daughter a gaming pc for Christmas and it's only got 8GB RAM, was considering upgrading it to 16 for her but she wouldn't know the difference - adding the RAM as an extra in her stocking maybe might spark up some discussion on why it's important, give her a better understanding of the inner workings of a PC ... hmmm ...

Advertisement