If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 year warranty

Options
  • 24-11-2021 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi folks, 

Hope you are keeping well. 

I have a few questions with regard to the free 6 year warranty. 

Q1: When someone buys a TV from you, do they have to register for the 6 year warranty post purchase with you? or is it automatically applied? 

Q2: Is the 6 year warranty with you or some years of it with the manufacturer? 

Q3: As richersounds Belfast is a franchise operation, what happens to the 6 year warranty if in the unfortunate event that you close down? 

Q4: Your website mentions Supercare 6 year guarantee extended guarantee (for a charge) - what is the difference between that and the normal/free 6 year warranty?

many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Spannerism.

Thanks for the post.

Here are the answers to your questions.

There is no need to register our 6 year guarantee and it is active for date of purchase running for 6 consecutive years.

Our 6 year guarantee is with ourselves. Even thought the 1st year is the manufacturers warranty it is still dealt with it by ourselves.

If for some reason we had to close Richersounds Ireland then the main Richersounds would take on the 6 year. If the whole of Richersounds were to close then the Guarantee would be invalid as it is no underwritten by anyone.

The 6 year Supercare is for HiFi and AV separates, speakers, pretty much anything else that is not a TV and the 6 year Panel protection is for TV. You can purchase the 6 Year supercare on products that do not come with it included free of charge.

Any more questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fatmax

the 6 year guarantee does not cover screen burn on oleds or as richer sound put it image retention

Hi Fatmax.

That is correct.

Screen burn / Image retention is not covered by LG's own manufacturers warranty or by our own 6 year panel protection.

Image retention is just another name for screen burn. Image retention can occur by having something remain unchanged on the screen in the same location. Which is screen burn.

I have always called it Image retention going back to the days of Plasma TV.

i have a lg oled with green instead of yellow in center of the screen going outwards of a bout 60% of the screen when i reported it to service they tried telling me it was Image retention but thats not the case according to LG its a screen fault- 

Hi Fatmax.

Did you purchase the TV from ourselves?

If so drop our service team an email with any correspondence you have with LG regarding this and if LG are saying it is faulty they will speak to LG and take things from there.

Any issues please let me know.

• Advertisement

yes got it from you service told me it was image retention so you dont have to pay out

from LG

andy: is this called a burn

[UK] Becky.: No, it is not burn in, it appears to be a different kind of screen fault that has occurred

andy: do you have a name for it

andy: was told by richer sound it was image retention is that right

[UK] Becky.: No, there is no name for it I'm afraid, it would just be a screen fault- it would not be image retention or screen burn

Hi Fatman.

Did you get back in touch with our service team regarding this?

If LG agree the TV is faulty then it would be repaired by our agents.

Please give our service team an email on Service@Richersounds.ie and they will investigate things further.

Did you eve have an engineer call out to your house to inspect the TV?

If our repair agents have got it wrong then they will rectify this as they are only human after all and sometimes can make a mistake. It would have nothing to do with not wanting to repair your TV and they fix TV's for us all the time under our 6 year warranty.

so do you think this is the first time your repair agents have herd about OLEDS going green were the yellow should be. she was very quick to tell me it was image retention so i spent about 3 hours waiting to speak with LG for them to tell me it was screen fault . if the repair agents dont now that a oled turning green were yellow should be they need this explaining

Hi Fatmax.

I really can't answer that unfortunately as I don't work for the company that carry out the repairs. All our repairs are carried out by the Manufacturers service agents who carry out the work on behalf of Richersounds when within our 6 year guarantee.

As I said before sometimes people can make a mistake when looking at a photo of an issue or having an issue described over the phone.

If you would like to try and have this resolved then please send an email to service@Richersounds.ie and it can be picked up by the service department and they can look at correcting the issue.

Let me know when you drop them over the email and I will also speak to them to try and get things resolved for you.

so is change colours from yellow to green image retention or screen fault

• Advertisement

Hi Fatmax.

Like I said before, I don't work in the service department and I an not an engineer.

If you can get in touch with our service team on the email address in my post above they can get an engineer call booked for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ggmat799

Couple of questions :

1. LG G1 55 OLED : Does the warranty cover Burn In as well? They list it as Premium Warranty
    2. Sony A80J Warranty is also for 5 years and covers both parts and labor. While for Lg it covers parts only and labor is paid.

Is my understanding above correct. I know you offer 6 years warranty, however, it may be useful to rely on Manuf. warranty as far as possible.

Also, which one will be your pick. I m leaning towards Sony given warranty coverage and half towards LG G1 for superior sound. Thanks

Hi Ggmat799.

Screen burn is not cover buy our 6 year guarantee or by the ones supplied by the manufacturer. Screen burn is deemed as miss-use

Our 6 year covers all parts and labour on all manufacturers. There are no hidden costs with our 6 year policy.

You are more than welcome to drop each manufacturer an email to see what their individual extended warranties cover and it is always good to register with these so you are cover on more than one front.

Both are fantastic televisions and it is a hard choice between the two.

However both are currently out of stock and we are chasing an ETA for more to arrive, the Black Friday weekend was crazy with many lines flying out the door.

Ggmat799 look at Samsung qled they cover screen burn

Hi Fatmax.

Thanks for your input on this but this is a thread for us here at Richersounds to speak to our customers and potential customers.

QLED does not suffer for screen burn and is indeed covered by Samsung's 10 year screen burn warranty but the OP was not asking about QLED and was talking about OLED.

To get the picture quality of OLED you unfortunately have have the screen burn/ image retention as a down side. Just like Plasma was when it was the best technology of picture quality.

Screen burn is very very rare on OLED these days and they don't suffer anywhere as much as the older generations did. Even the older generations are hard to burn unless you leave a static image in the same place day after day just like with the Plasma sets.

Even LED can burn is a repetitive image is displayed in the same place time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

hi folks,

thanks for the answers.

I've thought of more questions so when you get a chance please have a look.

What happens in the event of a repair? For example, after year 2 on an OLED TV? Does an engineer come out to the house (e.g. Dublin) and look at the fault and try to fix on site or take it away, does one have to courier up the TV to the store in Belfast in order for it to be looked at? If this is the case, who would pay for the courier?

If you could detail out in what cases someone would call to the house and what cases they won't and what cases need the TV sent to the workshop by me?

Thanks

Hi Spannerism.

I can't detail out every instance unfortunately as that would be a very long list. Basically they will try to trouble shoot via the phone or email and then when needed arrange a call out. It just really depends on what the reported fault is.

When an engineer call out would be arranged it would be so that they can assess the issue. This covers the whole of Ireland both North and South (Some remote locations may be exempt but we would still arrange for the collection and return of the TV in these instances).

Sometimes they will try and remote access products for firmware updates etc before they arrange the call out.

If it can be repaired at your home address they will fix it on site and if not they will take it to their workshop. Fix it and return it back to you.

Under our 6 year guarantee you do not have to pay for anything as all parts and labour are covered and so are the collections by the manufacturers repair agents.

Full T&C's can be read on the link below:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/t-six-year.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

Thanks Kenny.

Totally understand that you can't detail every instance.

At least, I understand how things work.

I'm interested in an OLED so just wanted to make sure that the full support behind is there in case something was to happen.

Regards

Hey Spannerism.

No problem at all.

As mentioned above. The only thing not cover is screen burn, this is not even covered by LG themselves.

It is pretty hard to do to be honest and you would need the same static image in the same place over and over again.

Thanks a lot. My deciding factor is cost of labor as C1 and 80AJ has similar quality in my eyes and C1 is approx 250 cheaper.

Could you confirm if LG covers labor for 5 years as well? Sounds funnny, however, had to spend a lot on labor cost during last LED repairs.

Also, any offers on C1 or all BF offers are gone. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi ggmat799,

The 6 Year Guarantee covers parts and labour for all of our TVs. It doesn't cover screen burn though. You can find a full list of the terms and conditions in the link below:

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Thanks David for your help. I would rely on Lg or Sony Warranty for first 5 years. Hence was more inclined to know coverage from Manufacturer perspective.

Do you have any offers planned for Christmas? C1 price is up and hence curious. Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi ggmat799,

Unfortunately we are never told in advance what the prices will be but we always have a Boxing day sale so keep an eye on the pricing and we'll see what's happening! We also have the 14 Day Price Promise so if you buy and the TV drops within 14 days we can refund the difference!

Kind regards

David

Thanks a mil. I have sent a PM with a Price Match/Beat request and a question.

Hi Ggmat799.

David will get back to you as quickly as he can :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.