Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeling Vintage Reserve silver bottling 23 bottle 213 of 340

Options
  • 25-11-2021 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi

I see a bottle of this sold for €252 last year. Is this whiskey likely to appreciate significantly in the future?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I'm not an authority, but my view is that there is probably a ceiling on how much these premium Teeling offerings can be worth, because they are sourced whiskey.

Teeling has played a blinder with the marketing, the packaging and in fairness the quality of the sourced whiskey has been consistently high. I had a bottle of the silver reserve and some of the others. They've managed to pull off a number of award wins which have helped them.

But... At the end of the day, Teeling still lacks the cachet of something like MVR and I think the fact that it is sourced whiskey must ultimately have a cooling effect on the long term value. The future is Teeling's own distillation, I'm sure they will be pivoting to using that for their premium offerings as soon as possible, and they won't be waiting 15-20 years either.

Advertisement