Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footballers collapsing

Options
  • 25-11-2021 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,718 ✭✭✭✭

Seems to be a crazy amount of player sin recent month collapsing due to chest problems

John Flick, Aguero and the lad in the Sheriff v Madrid game last night, Think there was also a guy

Surely questions have to start being asked of what is going on,

Post edited by artanevilla on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

What specific questions do you think have to be asked about what is going on???? Do you have a theory yourself?

Can you also provide a verifiable link with evidence to your claim of 3 reports in 2018 and 46 reports already in 2021 in the pro game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

• Registered Users Posts: 20,718 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I don't know whats going but surely there has to be some investigation into at this stage,

Could it be Coivd? could it be vaccine? Or is it something else to many games? But its at lower level to

Seems every weekend there at least, one at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Any link to the 3 vs 46 and why was 2018 used and not 2020, 2019 or 2017 etc? When specific years are used as the measuring stick I get skeptical.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The article linked in the tweet doesn't even say what the persons tweet suggests. That profile seems to be an anti-vax person.

Could post some sources for the numbers you posted earlier or remove them please?

The issue is serious so does not need potential fake news or no context and or unsourced information put with it.

• Advertisement

Sorry i was reading the article earlier i cant find it now, ill take the numbers down untill i find as i agree its very serious issue

Ill keep looking here

Ps I'm m not antivax im fully vaccinated myself,

Post edited by yourdeadwright on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭dobman88

The person you've linked to is an anti vax conspiracy theory nutjob with 6 followers on Twitter.

Any chance you have a proper, reputable source for anything you're saying or implying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

its disturbing alright. im no anti-vaxxer but..i know of a unusually high number of healthy people close to me who have suffered strokes and heart attacks in the last 12 months.

Sorry forget about the link so

Look im not antivax or saying its anything to do with vaccines,

all i know is its happing way to often and its getting kinda of scary ,

Im not claiming i know why or anything like thay but surely there needs to be some kind of investigation happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭dobman88

Why is it scary? Millions of people around the world play soccer. 1000s play professionally. A tiny proportion may have had underlying/undiagnosed conditions like Eriksens heart. Its not something to be scared about.

As bad as it is for the people it's happening to, you never like to see anyone collapse or take ill, its just a few high profile cases being reported.

Instead of forget about the link how about you delete the link altogether instead of leaving it up! you post so much waffle in the fourm at the best of times now you are posting dangerous antivax nut jobs tweets. If you are going to post links at least post links that are medically proven with real facts and statistics backed up by proper research instead of posting conspiracy theory nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭HerrKapitan

[[Kinzen Ltd] [article《《《《respondants》》 upload]]

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Why have some posters been pre-banned from this thread?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The vaccine talk was big enough for Charlie Wyke to have Wigan announce he is not vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Can't link but former footballer Trevor Sinclair was asking about this earlier today on Talksport radio and he got cut off and they went to adds.

Not making any assumptions but yeah seems like its worthy of a conversation anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

How many people close to you have had heart attacks and strokes in the last 12 months? How close? How many usually do in any other year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Maybe he was cut off because of the likes of what’s posted in the post above yours? People losing their **** over someone with a potential heart problem and saying it’s the vaccine...except he isn’t vaccinated. 🥱🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

'Facts' followed by 'I forgot the link'. Here you go

Top right hand corner, click settings

Click on history

That little magnifying glass? Click it

Type in a few letters of any part of the headline, website or just scroll down and find it. You won't because it doesn't exist

Some of the replys some up these forums,

Look if you don't think its worth talking about dont get involved but its clear in the last few motnhs there's more players than ever before suffering cardic issues

Im not blaming vaccines nor am i antivaccine, im just asking whats going on

I deleted the links encase they are bullshit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I have to admit I never for one moment considered any link to vaccines.

My view is that professional sports people across the board and are pushing themselves harder and faster then ever before- bigger faster stronger and of course underpinned by advances in sport science. This constant evolvement is going to throw up medical issues with some players that would never have been an issue 10-20 years ago.

Specifically when it comes to football remember they were off for a large period of time last year and more and more games crammed in. Of course absolutely everything is reported now so perhaps incidents like this would never have made the news before.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm certainly not anti-vax. I am vaccined and I'll get a booster shot as soon as they tell me I can.

If there is a large increase in deaths or major incidents.... it does have to be looked at. Could be vax based, could be utterly unconnected, could be ped related or not, could be a coincidence, could be covid related or not (as opposed to vax related).

But, if there is a worrying increase, FIFA and the governing body should be duty bound to investigate if there is an underlying issue of any respect.

I dont know, could it be actual covid itself, i wonder have any of these guys had the virus

Could be a supplement being used or players pushing to hard its very difficult to speculate,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Just following on from this. Rugby has a similar problem.

Players are far bigger and stronger than ever before. The game is faster. It is leading to more serious injuries and head collisions. While of course concussions were always there but the players a far bigger and nastier now ergo collisions are more serious.

The days of the small nippy winger or scrum half are well gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭MacDanger

its clear in the last few motnhs there's more players than ever before suffering cardic issues

Is it clear though? Without actual numbers, it's impossible to tell whether it's a genuine increase in numbers or just increased reporting

If you are going to post nonsense conspiracy theories from random twitter accounts without any proper research backing it up expect to be called out on it also telling poster not to engage and get involved because they are challenging you on the lies you are posting sums up conspiracy theorists looking for only people who agree with them to reinforced their self worth that they know something the rest of the world does not.

Nail on head. How can the OP claim that more lads than ever are collapsing when the only figures posted so far have an asterisk beside them as they came from a dubious source?

So are you under the impression there has not been an increase ?

I dont have the numbers myself but Fleck, Aguero, the Wigan & Sheriff lad all this week it looks worrying, Im not tryong to start a conspiracy i just fond it a bit worrying the rate it "Seems" to be happening at the moment,

Genuine question am i worrying about something that not a real thing?

If uv read my post im not claiming i know whats going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,116 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Could be covid related as in how much football has been crammed in with out a proper rest for players since summer 2020.

Next year is going to be busy, teams in Europe are going to be playing every mid week before the World Cup as UEFA wants all European group stage games in the Champions League, Europa League and Conference League played before the World Cup starts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement