Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to buy one month of PS Now?

Options
  • 25-11-2021 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I've just found out I can play Last of Us on PC visa PS Now.

According to the official site, the one month package is unavailable? It says "not available for purchase" here: PS Now | On-demand PlayStation games on PS5, PS4 or PC

Can a one month pass be bought anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Also if I buy PS Now, do I have to pay extra for games on top of that? I basically just want to play Last of Us 1 & 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭chrisire

PlayStation Now: 1 Month Subscription (Digital Download) | Smyths Toys Ireland

No it does not cost any extra to play any of the games on PS now.

Thanks a billion. I only found out about PS now today. Been wanting to play Last of Us for years but don't have a playstation, just PC, and everybody I know has Xbox.

That's my Christmas holidays sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

One thing to bear in mid is that PS NOW on PC requires a Dualshock 4 controller (some licensed third party controllers may work - I have not tried any so can't confirm)

You cannot buy the 1 month at the moment as it's on special offer (for those who don't already have an active Now subscrition)

If you are logged into the store with a PS account the offer should be available

(There was a 7 day trial option, but that does not appear to be there at the moment, but may return when the above offer is over).

I only have an Xbox one controller. Am I fecked?

• Advertisement

You can use a non PS controller. I tried a Series X controller via bluetooth and PS Now worked.

However - there is no motion controls nor touchpad (plus , obviously, the button icons that appear in prompts will be different) - so in Last of Us II, the flashlight recharge ( requires shaking) and the backpack (requires the touchpad) won't work by default.

You can remap the controls - so touchpad for backpack and shake for flashlight can be remapped, but it did not recognise the Xbox specific buttons - the view or menu buttons. You could customise the controls to leave some items unmapped to allow remapping of those two, but would not be ideal.

Edit - I know above I said I had not tried other controllers - working from home has some advantages...

Where are you seeing this offer exactly? I have signed up for a PS account and downloaded the PS Now app on PC.

I can see this on the PS Now app:

When I click on sign up, it brings me to this page: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/ps-now/

And the 1 month offer is disabled there.

edit: i bought it here: https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/IP9102-NPIA90011_01-PSNOWSUB001MBF33

Post edited by JackieChang on

Starnge, it's there for me - but I can't avail as I have an exisitng PS Now subscription.

For clarity:

I go to store.playstation.com

Then click login in top right - follow logi n prompts password, 2-factir etc.

Then in store click on subscriptions and scroll down to Now

If it's not there for you I cannot explain.

Advertisement