Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Full-Stack Software Development diploma or NCI-Science in Computing (Web Development)?

Options
  • 25-11-2021 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I was initially thinking about the UCD Diplona Full-Stack Software Development although the Diploma in Science in Computing (Web Development) course in NCI is more affordable. I am wondering if anyone has done it?

If so, would you recommend it?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

v.ana

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

I'm usually sceptical of anything which doesn't offer hard, fast details available publicly.

The UCD course is not doing that, and teaching actual web technologies (e.g. JavaScript, PHP, .Net, etc.) has been something that the university has been traditionally weak in (as in there's only one or two modules in the university that touch these techs at all, and then, generally fleetingly).

Consequently I'd say the NCI course would probably be better - certainly its course description sounds pretty strong.

Having said all that the Conversion Masters in UCD is genuinely a very good course by all accounts and may be worth your while taking a look, but it is a pretty big commitment.

Advertisement