Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Steel" me a shed!

Options
  • 26-11-2021 11:05am

Hello all.

I've rang a few providers that sell steel sheds. All the providers have backlogs (due to Covid, I guess) of a minimum of 6 months. Anyone have experience of a speedier solution to getting a shed delivered to my property. (Concrete base is ready.)

Would timber sheds have a quicker turnaround time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Certainly the bigger firms have backlogs but if you were to research the smaller shed-makers in your area, try sawmills etc, you would probably find someone who can get one to you faster. There is a sawmill near me that makes excellent sheds - I had one from them 20 years ago and it has given excellent service - but they don't have a significant internet presence and you need to call there to sort the details. I recently got a delivery of timber from them the following day, not sure what the shed situation is but I doubt its 6 months. I imagine this would be true of many places.

Thanks! Shopping local has many benefits, and your example is a good case in point! I'll look around and see what's on my door step. The steel shed mania is not practical at the best of times!

Advertisement